Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Inspired Contributor
snickersfl
0 Kudos

Using the Nook

Just wanted to share my great Nook experience yesterday.  I've had my Nook a couple of months and have been really happy with it.  I use it mostly for reading, then started with the Apps.  Yesterday I thought I'd try music, so I had some old MP3 files and I connected Nook to computer and just dragged them over, folders and all and it works.  Love it!!!  While I was moving over the music I decided I'd try photos, and they were just as easy.  I'm an artist so it's nice to have my paintings on the Nook.  It's great!!

I have one question can I delete everything else in the Gallery (pictures file) like book covers and weird things that I think came with the Nook?  If I delete the book covers, will that mean that they won't appear on the books, or is that an extra copy accidentally loaded in the wrong place.  (I side load books too.)  I think I just answered my question.  The Nook Gallery holds the wallpaper and book covers too. I'm just kind of confused on the file setup.  It looks like pictures, downloads, wallpaper all come open when I open the gallery.  Is that correct?  Thanks

Wordsmith
Serendip
0 Kudos

Re: Using the Nook

You can't delete the stock photos that come with the NC, or the Apps that came installed such as Chess, Mail, Nook Friends, etc)

I did delete the book covers that ended up in the Gallery, and they still show on the books. Anything else in there, I've added.

Hope that helps!

Inspired Contributor
snickersfl
0 Kudos

Yes that helps, Thanks!

Inspired Scribe
Doreenpv

snickers, I added enough pics to push the stock pics off the page. Not so annoying that way.

Inspired Contributor
snickersfl

I just downloaded Quickoffice Pro and it has a file managger which enabled me to delete what I didn't want. If for no other reason than havig a file manager, the app was worth it. I haven't tried deleting from the nook yet.
Wordsmith
Serendip
0 Kudos

Doreenpv wrote:

snickers, I added enough pics to push the stock pics off the page. Not so annoying that way.

That's what happens? You don't get a second page? ~racing to add more photos~

Thanks!! :smileyhappy:

Inspired Scribe
Doreenpv
0 Kudos

Well not exactly. You have to scroll the page up to see all of your pics, but the stock pics end up at the bottom.

Inspired Contributor
snickersfl
0 Kudos

I think I deleted the stock photos.
Inspired Scribe
Doreenpv
0 Kudos

Really....I did not think it was possible. Well that's a good thing. Now load your favs.

The only stock phone I really like is the one of The Painted Ladies.

Inspired Contributor
snickersfl
0 Kudos

The other good thing is I deleted all the extra Pulse files on the card.