Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Wordsmith
Serendip

[WEBSITE, ALL] My NOOK Library

Hi Sam,

I'm asking this here because there really isn't a better place!

The NEW "My Nook Library"... there are some things missing that make it more of a chore than it was before.

The "date purchased" is no longer shown, and that is information I want, and may need. Yes, I can go to the "Order Status" page and click on scores of Order Numbers and hope I hit it, or search on emails received and find it there, but... both are time wasters, when having the date purchased used to be there.

There isn't a "search" function - if I'm not sure if I have purchased a book, I have to click on where I think the title or author may be, and since I have almost 200 books, that's not a fun game. Sure, I can open NookStudy for Mac, and check there since it has a search function, but I shouldn't have to.

Titles, authors, and "most recent" should have both ascending and descending options.

The ability to sort out samples - I often download samples to see if I will like a book. Having them all together as a reminder to read them and make a decision, would cause me to buy more books!

Though I don't use this, I would imagine that if I did, I would also want the ability to sort out LendMe items.

How much of a "work in progress" is this, and are any of these items in the works? As it stands now, I see no worth in this page at all, other than for B&N to suggest books I might like, based on what I have purchased. And... so far, they haven't gotten even close with that. 

Thank you!

Inspired Contributor
Charles-R
0 Kudos

Re: [WEBSITE, ALL] My NOOK Library

The ability to sort out samples - I often download samples to see if I will like a book. Having them all together as a reminder to read them and make a decision, would cause me to buy more books!

This one is crucial for me.  I like to look through the list of samples to figure out what I want to buy next. 
Distinguished Correspondent
SLevine
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I've forwarded these suggestions along to our My NOOK development team, they are very appreciative of the feedback. Keep it coming! I will share My NOOK roadmapping info with you all when I learn more -Sam

Wordsmith
Serendip
0 Kudos

Thank you, Sam!

Contributor
GoHeels
0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

As far as suggestions - how about being able to sort the Library by our personal ratings (like we used to be able to do)?

I only like to keep a small number of books on my Nook, and I used to use my ratings in the Archived items to be able to tell which books I'd read already :smileyhappy:

Thanks!

Frequent Contributor
McCreamy
0 Kudos

how about lockable shelves?

Wordsmith
Serendip
0 Kudos

McCreamy wrote:

how about lockable shelves?

This is about the website... there aren't any shelves in the "My Nook" library on the website.  :smileyhappy:

Distinguished Correspondent
bestem
0 Kudos

I, personally, would love it if there were shelves on the website.

Frequent Contributor
McCreamy
0 Kudos

oops! my bad! :smileyhappy: