Frequent Contributor
Guyon
0 Kudos

Wallpaper size - What is the REAL size?

I have read about many people posting about wallpaper, but after I load one that I made it is always too big, and I have to crop it in the Nook Color.

Does anyone know the REAL actual size to make a picture so I fits the desktop?

I have tried

600W x  760H, 600x800, 600x1200, 800x1024

All of which are too big and are cropped when I try to load it

Frequent Contributor
Guyon

Re: Wallpaper size - What is the REAL size?

After much experimenting this is what I have found:

750x1024 works perfectly. It seems to scale to the exactly picture size.  Though that is just a proportion so I would not scale up to that, 660x 900, 586x800 etc. works just the same.

Now that said, the entire picture sit perfectly in view when the Nook Color starts up, but some of the top and bottom get block by the header and and book browser.  So I suggest you have about 48 pixels at the top and about 70 pixels at the bottom as border, or non important part of your picture.

Contributor
SimpleDesign

also make sure you place your pictures into the "wallpaper"  folder otherwise it will want you to crop

Inspired Correspondent
RLS_Portland
0 Kudos

<<also make sure you place your pictures into the "wallpaper"  folder otherwise it will want you to crop>>

Oh duh - I never actually thought of that! Thanks, it helps a lot. :smileytongue:

NC is actually more customizable than I thought. Now, if we could just get the browser to remember the text size I like, across pages, and get a good PDF reader, it'd be even better. 

New User
stew123567890
0 Kudos

How do you actually get to the "wallpaper" folder?