Inspired Bibliophile
Desert_Brat
0 Kudos

Website redesign wipes out viewing online library

With the new website redesign, I can no longer view my online library -- no matter how I try to get to it. I've tried from the menu bar at the top of the site; I've tried from My B&N; I've tried from the link on the thank you receipt after purchasing a book.

Nada, zip, zilch.

A lifelong reader, now may my life be long enough to catch up on my reading!
Inspired Bibliophile
Desert_Brat
0 Kudos

Re: Website redesign wipes out viewing online library

I'll have to try this as a fix the next time I have a problem.

It seems as soon as I voiced my frustration here, the library showed up again. It's magical!:smileyvery-happy:

Distinguished Correspondent
SLevine
0 Kudos

Hi Desert_Brat- Your online library will always be featured on the site, so I'm guessing that you logged in at a wonky time and couldn't see it! Bizarre, but don't worry- the library is of course, here to stay!

Inspired Bibliophile
Desert_Brat
0 Kudos

Well, it's been a little over a week now since I've been able to access my online library. When does the "wonky time" come to an end? My feeling is the web re-design broke something that was working just fine.

Frequent Contributor
geertm
0 Kudos

Desert_Brat wrote:

Well, it's been a little over a week now since I've been able to access my online library. When does the "wonky time" come to an end? My feeling is the web re-design broke something that was working just fine.

The library link really works.

Perhaps it is a browser problem. Try using another browser. I am using Internet Explorer 9.

Wordsmith
Serendip
0 Kudos

It works here in Firefox. It gives much less info than it did before, but I can access it.

Inspired Bibliophile
Desert_Brat
0 Kudos

geertm wrote:
The library link really works.

Perhaps it is a browser problem. Try using another browser. I am using Internet Explorer 9.

I'm also using Firefox, which worked fine until they started playing with the website. If necessary, I will use Chrome, although I don't like to do so because I cannot get it to play nice with my security system. I refuse to use Internet Explorer, had way too many infiltrations thanks to IE.

I think the programmers need to fix what they broke and quit screwing around with something that was working fine before.

Inspired Correspondent
bestem
0 Kudos

Desert_Brat wrote:

Try signing out of the account, signng back in, and accessing your library again.  I kept getting blank white pages when I tried to view my library, despite that everything else having to do with my account (viewing my wishlist for instance) worked fine, but finally i gave up and signed out then signed back in, and tried one more time, and it worked perfectly.

A few days later, the same issue happened, signing out and signing back in immediately fixed the issue.  I don't know if a cookie is expiring faster than others, or there's some other issue, but definitely try that if you haven't already.

Distinguished Scribe
Ya_Ya
0 Kudos

Desert_Brat wrote:

I'm also using Firefox, which worked fine until they started playing with the website. If necessary, I will use Chrome, although I don't like to do so because I cannot get it to play nice with my security system. I refuse to use Internet Explorer, had way too many infiltrations thanks to IE.

It has worked for me in IE 8, Firefox, Safari and Chrome.  One afternoon I got the WSOD for about ten minutes, but otherwise I've been able to view it fine.

I use Chrome most often, but I've just now (again) checked the others and it's working in all of them.

Inspired Bibliophile
Desert_Brat
0 Kudos

@bestem -- Thanks for your suggestion. I've tried doing that, and maybe 1 out of 10 times I can get to the library. And yes, everything else works fine, it's only trying to get to my online library that goes haywire. Nothing but a blank screen most of the time.

Inspired Correspondent
bestem
0 Kudos

That is weird that it works sometimes, but not always.  Unfortunately that was my one brilliant idea. 

Bibliophile
laurieb52
0 Kudos

That's not the only aspect that is broken. I have 5 nook devices, and two are showing as not registered, one has a February 2011 registration (didn't even get it until July), and one is showing "unknown device?" with no registration. 

Life's a chair of bowlies...and it's all about Plan B!
Inspired Bibliophile
Desert_Brat
0 Kudos

You might be right about that's not all. I just got off the phone with CS because I'd added a gift card on Monday, but the two books I bought on Thursday and the one I bought today were all charged to my credit card.

Had to talk to them twice because the first CS agent said there was no gift card on the account; yet I'm logged in and can see the card and check the balance, which hasn't changed.

So here's the fix for that: even though the card may show up and you can check the balance, go to manage gift cards for nookbooks again; DO NOT delete the card, just re-add it and click save.

That worked, just bought another book and it was charged against the gift card.