Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Inspired Bibliophile
Desert_Brat
0 Kudos

Website redesign wipes out viewing online library

With the new website redesign, I can no longer view my online library -- no matter how I try to get to it. I've tried from the menu bar at the top of the site; I've tried from My B&N; I've tried from the link on the thank you receipt after purchasing a book.

Nada, zip, zilch.

A lifelong reader, now may my life be long enough to catch up on my reading!
Inspired Bibliophile
Desert_Brat
0 Kudos

Re: Website redesign wipes out viewing online library

I'll have to try this as a fix the next time I have a problem.

It seems as soon as I voiced my frustration here, the library showed up again. It's magical!:smileyvery-happy:

Distinguished Correspondent
SLevine
0 Kudos

Hi Desert_Brat- Your online library will always be featured on the site, so I'm guessing that you logged in at a wonky time and couldn't see it! Bizarre, but don't worry- the library is of course, here to stay!

Inspired Bibliophile
Desert_Brat
0 Kudos

Well, it's been a little over a week now since I've been able to access my online library. When does the "wonky time" come to an end? My feeling is the web re-design broke something that was working just fine.

Frequent Contributor
geertm
0 Kudos

Desert_Brat wrote:

Well, it's been a little over a week now since I've been able to access my online library. When does the "wonky time" come to an end? My feeling is the web re-design broke something that was working just fine.

The library link really works.

Perhaps it is a browser problem. Try using another browser. I am using Internet Explorer 9.

Wordsmith
Serendip
0 Kudos

It works here in Firefox. It gives much less info than it did before, but I can access it.

Inspired Bibliophile
Desert_Brat
0 Kudos

geertm wrote:
The library link really works.

Perhaps it is a browser problem. Try using another browser. I am using Internet Explorer 9.

I'm also using Firefox, which worked fine until they started playing with the website. If necessary, I will use Chrome, although I don't like to do so because I cannot get it to play nice with my security system. I refuse to use Internet Explorer, had way too many infiltrations thanks to IE.

I think the programmers need to fix what they broke and quit screwing around with something that was working fine before.

bestem
0 Kudos

Desert_Brat wrote:

Try signing out of the account, signng back in, and accessing your library again.  I kept getting blank white pages when I tried to view my library, despite that everything else having to do with my account (viewing my wishlist for instance) worked fine, but finally i gave up and signed out then signed back in, and tried one more time, and it worked perfectly.

A few days later, the same issue happened, signing out and signing back in immediately fixed the issue.  I don't know if a cookie is expiring faster than others, or there's some other issue, but definitely try that if you haven't already.

Distinguished Scribe
Ya_Ya
0 Kudos

Desert_Brat wrote:

I'm also using Firefox, which worked fine until they started playing with the website. If necessary, I will use Chrome, although I don't like to do so because I cannot get it to play nice with my security system. I refuse to use Internet Explorer, had way too many infiltrations thanks to IE.

It has worked for me in IE 8, Firefox, Safari and Chrome.  One afternoon I got the WSOD for about ten minutes, but otherwise I've been able to view it fine.

I use Chrome most often, but I've just now (again) checked the others and it's working in all of them.

Inspired Bibliophile
Desert_Brat
0 Kudos

@bestem -- Thanks for your suggestion. I've tried doing that, and maybe 1 out of 10 times I can get to the library. And yes, everything else works fine, it's only trying to get to my online library that goes haywire. Nothing but a blank screen most of the time.

bestem
0 Kudos

That is weird that it works sometimes, but not always.  Unfortunately that was my one brilliant idea. 

Bibliophile
laurieb52
0 Kudos

That's not the only aspect that is broken. I have 5 nook devices, and two are showing as not registered, one has a February 2011 registration (didn't even get it until July), and one is showing "unknown device?" with no registration. 

Life's a chair of bowlies...and it's all about Plan B!
Inspired Bibliophile
Desert_Brat
0 Kudos

You might be right about that's not all. I just got off the phone with CS because I'd added a gift card on Monday, but the two books I bought on Thursday and the one I bought today were all charged to my credit card.

Had to talk to them twice because the first CS agent said there was no gift card on the account; yet I'm logged in and can see the card and check the balance, which hasn't changed.

So here's the fix for that: even though the card may show up and you can check the balance, go to manage gift cards for nookbooks again; DO NOT delete the card, just re-add it and click save.

That worked, just bought another book and it was charged against the gift card.