DeanGibson
Topics: 92
Kudos: 2,312

What doesn't work (ie, bugs)

It's one thing to not have apps you want (there's a huge sense of entitlement here), but it's another thing to have features that don't work, especially in apps that are direct ports of working Android applications:

1. You can't post a review of an app.  OK, that's probably because they don't have the required server interface working yet.  One wonders if B&H really didn't plan to have the update ready in April, but HSN forced their hand, from a public relations point of view.
  2. The eMail app is a direct port of the Android one, but the list of IMAP folders is not sorted.  Why? Not to mention that if you have nested folders, that you can't see the whole subfolder path, because the B&N port only shows you the first 14 characters of the folder path.

2 Nook HD/8GB + 2 Nook HD+/16GB: B&N 2.2.0 rooted
2 Nook Touch (one Ltd. Ed.): B&N 1.2.1 rooted; Dell Venue 8 Pro: Windows 8.1
2 Nook 1stEd/3G: B&N 1.7.0 rooted.; Acer Iconia A500: Android 4.0.3 rooted;
Nook Color: B&N 1.4.3 rooted; Samsung Galaxy Tab2 (7.0"): Android 4.2.2 rooted
Customer loyalty is earned, not commanded or deserved, and easily lost.
Never suspect intent where incompetence will do.
Mark_OB1
Topics: 23
Kudos: 1,358
0 Kudos

Re: What doesn't work (ie, bugs)

DeanGibson wrote:
It's one thing to not have apps you want (there's a huge sense of entitlement here), but it's another thing to have features that don't work, especially in apps that are direct ports of working Android applications:

Dean, I agree it would be good to maintain a list of the bugs we find, and forward them to the B&N team for correction.

You can't post a review of an app.  OK, that's probably because they don't have the required server interface working yet.  One wonders if B&H really didn't plan to have the update ready in April, but HSN forced their hand, from a public relations point of view.

I don't think HDN forced anyone's hand.  B&N went to them with their product.

- Mark

Nallia
Topics: 125
Kudos: 3,263

This is a really small bug.  If you go into Settings and tap on Keyboard, you will see the menu and back icons show up on the status bar.  But they don't show up anywhere else.

It's such a small thing, but I wish they would have just made them static like the reading now icon.

Inspired Correspondent
Knowledge70
0 Kudos

Current Bug.  App icons keep vanishing.  Have lost Angry Birds, and others appear and dissapear randomly. Nothing fixes (tried refresh, and Archive/UnArchive). Anyone else getting this?

Contributor
dtkpmom
0 Kudos

web browser keeps shutting down.  WiFi connection is fine, App Store works and I can buy apps and download

DeanGibson
Topics: 92
Kudos: 2,312
0 Kudos

Nallia wrote:

This is a really small bug.  If you go into Settings and tap on Keyboard, you will see the menu and back icons show up on the status bar.  But they don't show up anywhere else.

It's such a small thing, but I wish they would have just made them static like the reading now icon.

I agree that would be nice.  I've already patched 1.2 (see thread on "getting rid of the cookbook") so that the Vol+/- buttons are now "back"/"menu", but it would be nice if the icons were static.

2 Nook HD/8GB + 2 Nook HD+/16GB: B&N 2.2.0 rooted
2 Nook Touch (one Ltd. Ed.): B&N 1.2.1 rooted; Dell Venue 8 Pro: Windows 8.1
2 Nook 1stEd/3G: B&N 1.7.0 rooted.; Acer Iconia A500: Android 4.0.3 rooted;
Nook Color: B&N 1.4.3 rooted; Samsung Galaxy Tab2 (7.0"): Android 4.2.2 rooted
Customer loyalty is earned, not commanded or deserved, and easily lost.
Never suspect intent where incompetence will do.
Contributor
cmidget
0 Kudos

Vanishing app icons - I've seen sevral posts but no info on a fix. Turning off then back on does not work.
Contributor
gcookie
0 Kudos

Add angry birds to the list know bug.  Says to archive for install failure,,if you do it goes poof!  I suspect if you archive any app it goes poof!

Distinguished Correspondent
ukscone
0 Kudos

since upgrading the led n on the charging cable never turns green, well it does but not when the NC is at 100% only when i initially plug it in and then immediatly it turns red/orange and stays like that forever.

Frequent Contributor
Onji1908
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

The calendar app does not sync to google calendar...IT REALLY SUCKS BIG TIME. 

Edited to add I paid for The Missing Sync program to line the sync up.for the calendar 43.00 bucks with tax and it still doesn't work.  Had to call customer service for a refund....VERY UNHAPPY WITH THE CALENDAR APP!  But I love everything else.

Correspondent
Dr_Mabooza
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

A wallpaper I uploaded now shows up 3 times (2 in a row) in the Pictures & twice in the Wallpapers. Have restarted, twice, just in case this very minor oddity might go away, but alas, no.

Contributor
aberrant
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Knowledge70 wrote:

Current Bug.  App icons keep vanishing.  Have lost Angry Birds, and others appear and dissapear randomly. Nothing fixes (tried refresh, and Archive/UnArchive). Anyone else getting this?

I'm experencing this as well. Seems as if quite a few people have the same issue...

After checking my app icons again, they are all appearing now. I didn't reboot but rather hit the refresh button on the apps page and that did the trick.

Bibliophile
laurieb52
0 Kudos

In library, if you tap on sorting by author, then tap on the second view icon, the nc gets stuck in a looping sequence which requires a shutdown to correct.
Life's a chair of bowlies...and it's all about Plan B!
Frequent Contributor
snugelkin
0 Kudos

My internet connection says on but FB n others wont load right.
~}i{~ I am just a Raggety Ann Doll in a Barbie Doll world! ~}i{~
Inspired Correspondent
OPDwife
0 Kudos

My pulse app is now the gray book cover.  I hate it that way!  I can't figure out how to get it back to the correct app icon.  Also, the Nook friends is not working completely.  Other than that, all is well for me so far

When I get a little money I buy books, if any is left, I buy food and clothes
Contributor
gcookie
0 Kudos

Touchdown app won't move off the initial screen

Frequent Contributor
Mz_Yaya
0 Kudos

OPDwife wrote:

My pulse app is now the gray book cover.  I hate it that way!  I can't figure out how to get it back to the correct app icon.  Also, the Nook friends is not working completely.  Other than that, all is well for me so far

I too have been having problems with Pulse, but not the icon with the app itself when trying to sign in to facebook and set permissions for the app it doesn't allow me to "Allow" to see my feeds within the app..... Anyone else having this problem?? 

Frequent Contributor
Bookworm8765MC
0 Kudos

LAG!!! everything is lagging...any ideas on having this stop?

also the fliq notes icon has dissapeared. besides the lag its good

Here in rainy seattle, good days are days that involve sitting by the window watching the rain fall outside with my nook color!
Nallia
Topics: 125
Kudos: 3,263
0 Kudos

Keyboard settings issues:

The Auto-capitalization and Quick fixes settings don't work properly anymore.  Words are still capitalized at the beginning of sentences, but "I" is no longer auto-capitalized within sentences.  Words are no longer auto-corrected at all.

B&N forums:

Still have to use HTML mode to get the keyboard to appear so you can post here.

Frequent Contributor
pops1959
0 Kudos

App icons disappearing.

A cookbook sample (included with the update) that cannot be removed or archived.

Page turn "animation" which is little more than having pages go from left to right, or

right to left. That's not animation by a long stretch.

Books load quite slowly. I have one book purchased from B&N that will not load at

all now.

I'm sure there are things that do not work right but I gave up looking.