Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Correspondent
Ace7
0 Kudos

Re: What doesn't work (ie, bugs)

Mz_Yaya wrote:

OPDwife wrote:

My pulse app is now the gray book cover.  I hate it that way!  I can't figure out how to get it back to the correct app icon.  Also, the Nook friends is not working completely.  Other than that, all is well for me so far

I too have been having problems with Pulse, but not the icon with the app itself when trying to sign in to facebook and set permissions for the app it doesn't allow me to "Allow" to see my feeds within the app..... Anyone else having this problem?? 

Yes. On Pulse, I can't connect to Facebook (Twitter works fine). Others have had this problem as well, and have contacted B&N or the developer about it.. I guess they're "working on a fix".

I have the same problem with the app icons as well. I have yet to restart or anything, but the grey covers keep switching to different apps. First it was Fliq Cal, then Angry Birds, then Fliq Tasks. Meh.

Also, before the update, I DL'd a boxed set of a book series, and when I clicked on the little "currently reading" icon at the bottom, or the "Keep Reading: ... " at the top, I'd get an error (I forget what it said exactly) and the book wouldn't open; I'd have to use the actual book icon on my home screen to open the book. NOW, the buttons work, but they almost always don't save to the last page I was at; it just brings me to the cover page and I have to search to find the last page I was on. Frustrating!

Facebook.com/CustomizingYourNookColor
Frequent Contributor
Bookworm8765MC
0 Kudos

just went to read a book and it takes a while to open the book every time i open it.

and now the pilot control game completely froze on me and i had to restart my nook because the screen wasnt working...and now my battery went down from 85% down to 23% whats going on with my nook?

Here in rainy seattle, good days are days that involve sitting by the window watching the rain fall outside with my nook color!
Distinguished Wordsmith
rbentley101
0 Kudos

Yikes.  I am definately going to stay rooted.  I have no problems at all and all those apps work fine for me.  Hopefully they will fix all this soon.

Inspired Contributor
Pokey1
0 Kudos

I don't know if it would be considered a bug, but I noticed that when viewing people's profiles, the avatar image is distorted. Anyone else have that problem? Also, I just tried to spell check this post & got an error message.
Contributor
ALQNAsMommy
0 Kudos

I have rapid battery drain now even without running many apps. Have not had this problem until today : (
Correspondent
MuseK
0 Kudos

App icons aapear as grey boxes. I have archived unarchived and rebooted with no luck getting color icons back. One good bug. Multinook house and apps dont seem to sycn across nook. Everyone can have own calander.
Inspired Contributor
Terry27AZ
0 Kudos

My google contacts are gone. The new email program is pulling my google acct messages but i cant seem to get my contacts back. Have unsinced and resinced. Still no contacts...shut down. Still not working. Kinda makes it hard to send emails without my contacts. They were all there before the update. After...they went ***poof***
Frequent Contributor
joestravels
0 Kudos

My battery drains faster and I have not installed any apps. Also it is very slow at times.
Frequent Contributor
momto4wild1s
0 Kudos

If you have an sd card remove it when you download and install any apps. This will probsbly fix most issues.
Contributor
Tom_Real
0 Kudos

I think for an initial rollut its not bad at all.  I had to do the work around for Angry Birds. I have the disappearing icon bug but 99% of the things I do on the Color Nook work.  I know it is just a matter of time before someone has a calendar sync that works...this is a pretty big thing to launch; even after testing.  It is still the best value for a tablet around and this is just on day two!!!

Inspired Contributor
JillMcD
0 Kudos

Someone listed yesterday new features that I am not seeing....

8. The library display includes several more ways to list your titles, most importantly a small icon choice which speed things up quite a bit.

9. The book shelf menu works much better/faster.  So far I have not lost anything.

10. The Library title listing is now annotated when alphabetical, ie A-C, D-F, etc.

Can someone show me a screen shot that has the "small icon display" are the alphabetical annotation?

NookColor - CM7 Custom ROM

Inspired Scribe
geatdanemomDT
0 Kudos

Just left B&N, still in parking lot having coffee with Junior. The nook tech here said to put the apps on a sd card to save your memory. I told him i thought that that would not work. He said it does and he has his on the card. Asked about the nook friends not working. He has not used it yet but it would will work better when the servers are not so busy, beta struggles with a busy server. Time will tell. Off to teach for a few hours, would love to have time to play with nook though.

http://quiltinharmony.blogspot.com/
1 Nook 3G/Wi/Fi
Nook Color stock
Nook Color / N2A

Bibliophile
laurieb52
0 Kudos

@Jill

.8 - there was no change here; the option to sort by title, author and most recent  was present before the update. On the small icons,(the little square icon at the top right hand side of the "books" page), all 4 size options were also present prior to the update.

On #10, this may be new. Tap on the button "sort by Title" on the "books" Page, then tap on the icon layout button beside it. The second option down, will sort by alphabet groupings.

Life's a chair of bowlies...and it's all about Plan B!
Inspired Bibliophile
Desert_Brat
0 Kudos

I now have the Gallery app icon permanently seated on my Daily Shelf at the bottom of the home screen and there is no way to get it off there. I've also lost the ability to slideshow my pics.

A lifelong reader, now may my life be long enough to catch up on my reading!
Inspired Contributor
trishamil
0 Kudos

Terry27AZ wrote:
My google contacts are gone. The new email program is pulling my google acct messages but i cant seem to get my contacts back. Have unsinced and resinced. Still no contacts...shut down. Still not working. Kinda makes it hard to send emails without my contacts. They were all there before the update. After...they went ***poof***

Me too! I have gone to the "social" settings and I've unlinked & then re-linked, I've rebooted.  I don't know what to do. 

Reader 4
ActionHealthyLife
0 Kudos

Yes, having the same problem.

DRV
Wordsmith
DRV
0 Kudos

geatdanemomDT wrote:

Just left B&N, still in parking lot having coffee with Junior. The nook tech here said to put the apps on a sd card to save your memory. I told him i thought that that would not work. He said it does and he has his on the card.

Did he say how to do it?  I haven't installed any apps yet.  Do you get a choice of where to install them when you purchase?  Do you move them after they're installed?

Inspired Scribe
geatdanemomDT
0 Kudos

I just relized reading your earlier post that I would have no idea how to do that. I am hoping someone steps up with the answer to that, if not I am going to call the store tomorrow.

http://quiltinharmony.blogspot.com/
1 Nook 3G/Wi/Fi
Nook Color stock
Nook Color / N2A

Distinguished Correspondent
TNTLamb
0 Kudos

geatdanemomDT wrote:

I just relized reading your earlier post that I would have no idea how to do that. I am hoping someone steps up with the answer to that, if not I am going to call the store tomorrow.

The only problem with installing your apps on the sd card is if you sideload lots of files such as movies, pdf books, music etc etc yoi really limit yourself.......
There are 293 ways to make changes for a dollar.... No wonder we see things differently
Inspired Wordsmith
petesnook
0 Kudos

Odd, desert_brat, I was able to move my app icons to the pages above the daily shelf. And my slideshow works as before.