What's todays freebie

My NC refuses to notifiy me.

Distinguished Wordsmith
Josienjoe
0 Kudos

Re: What's todays freebie

Doreenpv wrote:

My NC refuses to notifiy me.

I don't see it posted yet on the Unbound Blog or Facebook.

Frequent Contributor
black-willow
0 Kudos

Inspired Scribe
Doreenpv
0 Kudos

Thx BW.

Wordsmith
jeanniepep
0 Kudos

My "spotlight" pages are down on the Shop Home right now, but it's just as well cuz I have less than no interest in that (or in getting a billion recommendations based on a book I only got because it was free).  

UPDATE: my Shop Home was down 10 minutes ago, now it's back up with the freebie listed. It just listed on Facebook too. I suspect they just took it down for a few minutes to add the new content and I happened to log in during those minutes!

Distinguished Correspondent
Hermes737

Fancy selection. I am feeling a bit chivalrous!

CURRENTLY READING - Heretics of Dune by Frank Herbert
Frequent Contributor
Orestes55
0 Kudos

The free Friday book has never appeared on my NC shop home page, and it isn't there now. I wonder, under which heading do you see it? I know how to look up the free book and get it, but I just don't see it anywhere on the shop home page.
Nallia
Topics: 125
Kudos: 3,263
0 Kudos

Orestes55 wrote:
The free Friday book has never appeared on my NC shop home page, and it isn't there now. I wonder, under which heading do you see it? I know how to look up the free book and get it, but I just don't see it anywhere on the shop home page.

Today mine is on the fourth page:

Frequent Contributor
Orestes55
0 Kudos

Thanks for the screenshot. I have NEVER seen that screen, and I always check throughout the day on Friday. I wonder why this is. Does everyone else have this screen appear on Fridays? Am I the only one without it?
Inspired Scribe
Doreenpv
0 Kudos

Orestes55 wrote:
Thanks for the screenshot. I have NEVER seen that screen, and I always check throughout the day on Friday. I wonder why this is. Does everyone else have this screen appear on Fridays? Am I the only one without it?

I't without it also.

Wordsmith
alliecatTX
0 Kudos

You can scroll the top part of the shop screen to the right to see all of the various offers.  This isn't obvious from just looking at it!

Wordsmith
jeanniepep
0 Kudos

Go to "Shop" using the toolbar and hit Browse, then select "Return to Shop Home."  Swipe across the top half of the screen and you'll get multiple different screens to look at (Books You'll Love, Spotlight Author, and on Fridays: Free Fridays). Mine started having it about 3 weeks ago.

Wordsmith
melouria
0 Kudos

I was never notified on my NC of the free Friday offer until the recent update and assumed it was one of the "bugs" fixed. I now get the offer on my shop page also. Mine was on page one.
Inspired Wordsmith
Theriot_Publishing
0 Kudos

nallia, pardon my ignorance but how do you take the screenshot?  I didn't rtfm :smileytongue:

I really should though. 

Behold the Glory and Grace of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Let His noodly appendage touch you. Swallow the sauce for it is the blood of innocent tomatoes. So sayeth the FSM. Pasta for Peace!
Contributor
Nitengale317
0 Kudos

I, too, have never had an announcement for a free friday choice on my NC. I always try to come here. Seems more reliable this way.

Distinguished Correspondent
spinndiva
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I come to the unbound blog from my laptop. Never had the free book appear on my NC before..  Maybe since the update it has changed! I haven't thought of checking it. Will check next Friday! :smileyhappy:

Wordsmith
DrWho453

Theriot_Publishing wrote:

nallia, pardon my ignorance but how do you take the screenshot?  I didn't rtfm :smileytongue:

I really should though. 

You can take a screenshot by pressing the home button and vol down button at the same time. You will get a message a few seconds afterwards saying that it has saved it.
"It is one of the ironies of modern rule that it is far more acceptable today to affirm publicly one's belief in God, for whose existence there is no scientific evidence, than UFOs, the existence of which - whatever they might be - is physically documented." - Alexander Wendt and Raymond Duvall
Nallia
Topics: 125
Kudos: 3,263

Theriot_Publishing wrote:

I really should though. 

Hold down the home button and then press the volume - button quickly.  If you don't press it quickly, the volume indicator will show up in your screeshot.  Wait a second or two and you'll see a camera appear in your notification area letting you know that it was done.  You'll find them in their own screenshots folder.

Inspired Contributor
mn55019
0 Kudos

another way of getting Freebie Friday news is to join the nook fan page at facebook.it is posted then in the news feed when it is available.here is the link

https://www.facebook.com/nookBN

Inspired Wordsmith
Theriot_Publishing
0 Kudos

Thank you both for that.  But how positively counterintuitive.

Behold the Glory and Grace of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Let His noodly appendage touch you. Swallow the sauce for it is the blood of innocent tomatoes. So sayeth the FSM. Pasta for Peace!