Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
autumnleebee200
0 Kudos

When is the Nook app store supposed to be coming out?

I heard that Barnes&Noble was going to come out with an app store for the NOOK color. Is that true and if so does anyone know when that's going to come out?

-Autumn(:
Frequent Contributor
Les1017
0 Kudos

Re: When is the Nook app store supposed to be coming out?

I was wondering the same thing!  I hope we get an answer!

Wordsmith
gandalf1369
0 Kudos

Supposed to be coming during the first quarter of this year.

**** He Who Dies With The Most Toys Wins ****
Inspired Correspondent
Mosier42
0 Kudos

B&N stated that an app store would be out by the end of the first quarter. While many of us are hoping for it sooner, realistically that means late March.
Inspired Contributor
withfeeling

Or early April. Often these kinds of dates become March 35th

Reader
jsthrower
0 Kudos

I'm waiting for the store before I decide if I need to root the thing.  I don't play games much but I could use some serious apps for daily use.  That contacts app on the nook is about useless in it's functions.  It's a drag to have the power in your hand and nothing to put on it.  Not to mention I want this auto updates turned off....I don't like my products updated without my permission.

Inspired Contributor
postalchick
0 Kudos

I viewed some of the youtube videos about rooting and it was awesome. I know NC is a reader but it looks like B&N would want its product to be all it can be. It would also make it more competitive in the market. I love my NC and, I am happy like it is BUT it could be so much more powerful. I don't care much about the 3g. But I have a droid phone and would love to have some of those apps. We could have the best of both worlds.

New User
teacherCC
0 Kudos

I would love to have an interactive date book, a page to take notes on or a teachers dream- a planning page!

New User
rosalie10
0 Kudos

I checked and they said mid april witch would be 4-15-11 Friday.
New User
zkitells
0 Kudos

It's April 20th and NO update. :smileysad: What I'm wondering is why there has not been some sort of announcement of the release date on the apps. Most people that have purchased the NC did so with the promise that the App Market would be available in the near future. At this point I'd just be happy with some type of calendar or planner feature. I already bring it with me everywhere, I don't want to also have to tote around a planner to keep my daily functions in line. You'd think it'd be a rather easy fix......guess not because I'm still waiting. :smileysad: Hurry up B&N!!

Contributor
pferg61
0 Kudos

**** He Who Dies With The Most Toys Wins ****

HE??????  Who said the winner would be a HE?  LOL  You clearly haven't seen the size of my toybox!!!!  ;-)   Penny

Reader 2
Elmertang
0 Kudos

I asked when my sister bought her NC last week that it was supposed to open at the end of this month by the BN employee.

New User
LanaiBoy
0 Kudos

Funny, that's what my salesperson said in March. "It's supposed to be up by the 1st week of April." Oh well, I can wait. For now I'm running either Honeycomb or CM7 depending on my mood.

New User
Wolflover12
0 Kudos

I talked to someone at the barnesnoble store. She said it will come out from this week to the beginning of May. They still don't have a specific date.

The story I am writing exists, written in absolutely perfect fashion, some place, in the air. All I must do is find it, and copy it. ~Jules Renard, "Diary," February 1895