Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Frequent Contributor
rfortson
0 Kudos

Re: Whether Reset Got You or Not, Please Respond

I don't even know what "reset" people are talking about (no I didn't read 12 pages of posts).  I manually updated last week, don't have it rooted, and everything runs fine.

Frequent Contributor
sweet2bme
0 Kudos

Im in the "G" category.

Reader 4
CTankersley
0 Kudos

I manually updated to 1.2; things worked okay for part of a day.  Then got reset.  Things worked normally the next day.

Frequent Contributor
whimspun
0 Kudos

D. but with addendum; I did not know how to block ota so I have left my nook off wifi since Monday.

I have been concerned to add the apps to block OTA (:smileysurprised:wifi and also a curious yet tech/android newby) and hoping for new autonooter sooner than later.  My autonootered (3.0) nook color stole my heart :smileyhappy:

"Real generosity towards the future lies in giving all to the present." Albert Camus
Reader 2
tbloom722
0 Kudos

G for me

Inspired Contributor
jeffkww
0 Kudos

richardwrite25 wrote:

Let's see just WHO got hit by the reset.  Which of the following groups are you in:

A) I got hit by the reset but had not yet updated to 1.2 and have never rooted.

B) I did not get hit by the reset and have not yet updated to 1.2 and have never rooted.

C) I got hit by the reset and rooted my NC but never blocked OTA updates.

D) I did not get hit by the reset and rooted my NC but never blocked OTA updates.

E) I got hit by the reset and rooted my NC AND blocked OTA updates

F) I did not get hit by the reset and rooted my NC AND blocked OTA updates

G) I did not get hit by the reset, never rooted, and updated manually to 1.2.

Ok, so did you compile this Data and come to any conclusions?

Frequent Contributor
Feh5
0 Kudos

G) I did not get hit by the reset, never rooted, and updated manually to 1.2. 

Been off wi-fi for most of the week.

Reader
RLReady
0 Kudos

Had my NookColor turned on all week with wireless on, and never got hit. Had to manually install the update. However, my device started acting wacky ... the Home screen would flash on and off. If I went to another screen, and then tried to go to the Home screen, it would go to the Home screen, and then immediately go back to the othe screen ... could only get back to the Home screen by turning it off and back on, but then the on/off flashing of the Home screen!

The only way I could fix it was to Erase and Deregister the device, and then re-register it. Haven't tried to do much so far, but now it seems to work OK, but I can't get 4 or 5 of my books to download! Sowewhat frustrating, to say the least!

Wordsmith
kingskidjan
0 Kudos

B) I did not get hit by the reset and have not yet updated to 1.2 and have never rooted.

Inspired Contributor
jeffkww
0 Kudos

jeffkww wrote:

richardwrite25 wrote:

Let's see just WHO got hit by the reset.  Which of the following groups are you in:

Ok, so did you compile this Data and come to any conclusions?

Bump

Contributor
rocketcat
0 Kudos

I don't see my answer up there...

I did get hit by the reset, never rooted, and updated manually to 1.2.

Frequent Contributor
arecibo00612
0 Kudos

B) ) I did not get hit by the reset and have not yet updated to 1.2 and have never rooted.