Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
Kristi30
0 Kudos

Why is there a book on my Nook Color that I didn't buy?

Hi there,

I am wondering if anyone knows why there is a book on my Nook Color that I did not purchase it's called Three Seconds by Roslund & Hellstrom?  There's a banner on the corner that says Sample.  How do I get it off?

Thanks.

Distinguished Correspondent
Allem-o
0 Kudos

Re: Why is there a book on my Nook Color that I didn't buy?

Hi Kristi welcome to the board and congrats on the purchase of your new Nook Color.

Go to your online account and delete the sample book.  Then sync your Nook Color and it will be removed. 

Contributor
Kristi30
0 Kudos

Thanks so much!  I am really enjoying my Nook Color.  I think it would be really cool if someday we could download other apps like Cribbage! 

Wordsmith
DrWho453
0 Kudos

Not sure how it got there but if you want to delete it, you have to go to your nook library account on the BN.com site and delete it there. This is true for any books that you download from BN.com

You can only Archive BN books using the NC which will remove it from the home page and delete the book off the NC but will still be listed in the library with a download button on it because it is still in your BN.com online library.

"It is one of the ironies of modern rule that it is far more acceptable today to affirm publicly one's belief in God, for whose existence there is no scientific evidence, than UFOs, the existence of which - whatever they might be - is physically documented." - Alexander Wendt and Raymond Duvall
Inspired Scribe
Doreenpv
0 Kudos

Welcome...there are lots of us here waiting for the update that may contain more games in the Nook Store (app)

Frequent Contributor
sneezyinga
0 Kudos

There are a few things that download automatically to any new NC. Usually that includes a couple of sample books and two picture books. Any sample can be deleted from your online acct, they cannot be archived. Any book can be archived if you aren't interested in it for the time being. Enjoy your new NC!
Reader 4
summergirlJJ
0 Kudos

Hey, I have three books that have showed up on my NookColor: Pride and Prejudice, Little Women, and Dracula; all three of them say that are "Barnes and Noble Classics Series". I went on barnes and nobles website to see if they were free and they were all $3.99, I know for a fact that I never even looked at the books to see what they are about...I can open the books and view all the pages, so I don't believe it's a sample but when I go to my order status on my b&n account and get the info on each book, I have the option to buy it.....any ideas?

Correspondent
FARIEQUEENE
0 Kudos

Pride and Prejudice, Dracula, and Little Women come free with your BN account as a thank you from BN for buying a nook.  If you do not want them, you can go on your account on BN.com and delete them.

"I have the body but of a weak and feeble woman; but I have the heart and stomach of a king."