Reader 2
DLandVW2
0 Kudos

Re: WiFi keeps scanning after update...

That's the latest update I got from them after chatting about it for the 4th or 5th time today:
 12:31:41 PM : AgentRoger: I see. We do apologize for this but this is an on going issue with the update that was released. We are currently coordinating with the developers to give us a concrete solution for this. In the meantime, if you are having issues with wifi, we would advise you to revert back to the original version of the NOOK Color in the meantime.
Contributor
Jennelyn
0 Kudos

Great and with out a hard reset how do you revert back? Cause I was just told on chat support to do a hard reset. I don't believe this is a fix for the issue. Seems there is some kind of setting betweem router connection and nookcolor. I will test the theory today as I am getting a new router and going to ask my service provider tech few questions. Stay tuned.

Reader 2
DLandVW2
0 Kudos

Hard reset definitely didn't fix the problem.  I'm pretty good with routers too, and I've tried everything from turning on and off DHCP settings, playing with g or mixed mode, setting up a virtual DMZ, forwarding ports, etc.  I think it's a DHCP renewal problem, where the Nook is automatically looking for a dynamic IP or something...all I know is I even tried setting my home router to open with no security and it still won't connect anymore. 

Frequent Contributor
cindylee60
0 Kudos

So far I haven't had issues with the update and the WIFI yet....but before, I would have issues when my son came over and connected to my router with an ethernet cord. I'm betting I'll have trouble again when he comes over.

I've pretty much resigned myself to buying a new router.

Distinguished Correspondent
TNTLamb
0 Kudos

Went through this this morning..... Its wierder than I thought. After doing a hard reset (which fixed some other problems I got it all back (it scanned and scanned and then decided theere was no wifi anywhere even what it remembered fro before was gone) ) but what I discovered is that the RANGE is compromised. By meraly moving 10 feet closer to the wifi modem the problem went away. Moved away the 10 deet and it started again......

Thinking I was delusional (after playing halsf the night with stuff) I've done it numerous times. I never had a problem before so don't know what is going on........

There are 293 ways to make changes for a dollar.... No wonder we see things differently
Contributor
jpelc2
0 Kudos

I ended up ordering a new router on amazon. It was only $44.99 compared to $79.99 at Best Buy. Hopefully because it is an 'N-router' it will solve my problem. I have a D-Link 'G-Router' right now from 2005. It's torture waiting this long for the update and then not being able to enjoy it. I even un-rooted. I'm pretty upset to hear that Angry Birds is not free though like on the standard Android Market. I can handle ads if I don't have to pay.

http://www.amazon.com/Buffalo-Technology-Wireless-N-Essential-WHR-HP-G300N/product-reviews/B002WBV2T...

New User
Shellfia
0 Kudos

Yay!  I had the same problem but per one of the previous posts, I "reregistered" and it worked!  I now have all of the updates, all of the books I previously purchased, and my Nook is working better than normal.  I wonder if this problem was generated when I tried to download the updates prior to them being sent to me...???  Maybe I should have just waited...

Reader
SharenLeigh
0 Kudos

Same issues....uggh, I hate to be the next in line.

My WiFi has worked perfectly for about a month (even after update about 2 weeks ago).  Then, all of the sudden, about 3 days ago, WiFi will not connect.  Frustrating...  I have re-entered my p/w, tried to forget my home network, added it again (since it won't let you delete or rearrange networks in order of preference), tried to deregister NC manually (no network connection, not possible), and on my Nook account (says to call C/S).

I am trying the "plug in/hold power down/hold home 'N' method", but so far no luck.  Had no problems with Pandora, B&N shop, any functionality of WiFi until I used it at Starbucks about 5 days ago (connected automatically), but then wouldn't download some apps I purchased for my son.  Then purchased and downloaded a book 4 days ago at home with no problems.

Any additional ideas?  I am not motivated to call C/S but may have to give in and do it.  :smileymad:

New User
NikNik333
0 Kudos

Same issue is happening to me!  Just got off the phone from tech support and had me perform everything you all have mentioned without success.  Asked tech support if they have been having a lot of these issues, and she replied, "No, not too many."  So tech support will return call in 24 hours, we'll see.

Now, I have a useless NC, without WiFi.....arrrgggghhhhh! :womansad:  My NC worked great before the update.  I receive WiFi everywhere, but NOT home.....so frustrating!

I agree with some, I think B&N has a bug in this new update.  Will post with updates.

Reader
SharenLeigh
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Alright....didn't call C/S and finally got mine up and running.

I deregistered it once, but when the setup got to the WiFi step again, same problem.  So I completely powered it down again (with it plugged in--somebody had mentioned that, but I'm not sure how that would effect a hard reset) and left it off.

Then completely hard reset my router (we are at&T Uverse)....unplugged for about 10 seconds, plugged back in.  Waited til wireless was up and running again, waited a few more minutes.

Then completely deregistered Nook again.  It was off, but still plugged into AC outlet.  Held down power button for 3 seconds, and then pressed and held down N button for about 20 seconds simultaneously.  Finally, a screen comes on that asks if you want to deregister it (thank God, since the website just tells you to call C/S, will not deregister NC).

Set up first few steps again and then WiFi came on.  Found my network and several others really fast and within seconds of my re-entering my network password, it was connected.  I have now recreated my shelves, added my sideloaded content, and reset my screensaver and home page.  Still need to add bookmarks, but I'll be okay.  :smileytongue:

Side note....my NookFriends Beta (as well as my husband's) have never worked with the update.  Now, brings up my linked Google and Facebook accounts and a few contacts and shows that I have actually sent them invites.  That had been a source of frustration, but nearly as frustrating as all of the sudden having no WiFi.

Anyway, hope that helps...I'm very relieved to have her back.  :smileywink: