Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Inspired Contributor
Triggerone
0 Kudos

Yet another diversion while waiting for the "U"

[ Edited ]

:smileyvery-happy:So, how do you feel about bacon?  Do you feel your NC goes well with bacon?  Do you use your NC while eating or thinking about bacon?  Do you drink Dr. Pepper 10 while using your NC?  Do you think everything goes great with bacon - including your NC?  Do you have a favorite kind?

Just asking.....:smileyvery-happy:

Wordsmith
melouria

Re: Yet another diversion while waiting for the "U"

I really appreciate the diversion, but, the only bacon I'm thinking of is the pigs I'm killing when I play Angry Birds on my Ipod and wishing it was on my NC!  :smileysurprised::smileyhappy:

Wordsmith
mariel9898
0 Kudos

My NC doesn't go with bacon because it doesn't like greasy fingers! :smileyvery-happy:

However, I did make candied bacon last week which was yummy bit it didn't come within 100 feet of my NC!

Inspired Contributor
Triggerone
0 Kudos

Candied bacon!?  Sounds wonderful!  Do share!

Inspired Scribe
Doreenpv
0 Kudos

Bacon and RC...now that's a match made in heaven.

Distinguished Correspondent
tenagail
0 Kudos

I myself don't eat bacon put I do cook it for Hubby and I pine for my NC the whole time.
Distinguished Bibliophile
phoneboy

Thick sliced applewood smoked with thin sliced sweet onion and Beefsteak tomato on soft white bread. Little salt, pepper n Dukes Mayo

MMMMMMMMMMMMM NOM NOM NOM, So messy ya gotta eat it over the sink

Thoroughly wash hands B4 touching NC

:smileyhappy:

**I find it ironic that spell chk replaces "MMMMMMMMMMMMM" with "Nymphomania"  **

Don 't interfere with somethin' that ain't bothering you none. ~Unknown
Contributor
GoldenChild
0 Kudos

I have to admit my NC goes well with turkey bacon ;-)

Nook Color Wallpapers
Correspondent
StarryNook
0 Kudos

What a great idea!  I've never tried bacon or RC with it.   Personally I enjoy coffee with mine, and maybe some M&M's.

~The best things in life aren't things~
Distinguished Bibliophile
phoneboy

Better than

IMHO

Don 't interfere with somethin' that ain't bothering you none. ~Unknown
ukscone
0 Kudos

bacon, chip (proper british chips not the american crisp things), cheese (chedder is best) and horseradish buttys

food of the gods

LGman
0 Kudos

There was a special on The Food Network on bacon last week. My wife went out afterwards and bought me sone thick sliced bacon... yum. BBQd some the next day. Yum... had some on the veggie dish my wife made. Yum... had a double western bacon cheeseburger at Carl's today. Yum...
For every complex problem, there is a solution that is simple, neat, and wrong.
Contributor
love2nook
0 Kudos

Wordsmith
mariel9898

Triggerone wrote:

Candied bacon!?  Sounds wonderful!  Do share!

More of a technique than an exact recipe. You can make as much or as little as you want.

Preheat oven to 425 F. You might also want to put your extractor on high. :smileywink:Take a pound of bacon and lay out the strips across an ovenproof rack that fits in a baking pan or rimmed cookie sheet. The cookie sheet should be lined with aluminum foil, parchment paper or silpats. You will need two sheets for one pound.

Take some brown sugar (light or dark, about one cup, more or less) put in a bowl. Add some freshly ground black pepper, about 1/2 teaspoon or so. Add a flavorful hot sauce like Choula, Texas Champagne, etc. about 2 tablespoons or so. Mix it up. Add just a bit of water to make a thick syrup. Take a pastry brush and brush the syrup thickly all over the bacon slices. Bake for about 20 minutes until the bacon is crispy. Watch carefully for the last few minutes so it doesn't burn. Let cool for about a minute and remove to a plate. Don't let the bacon cool on the racks because it will stick.

Or skip the water and sprinkle the sugar mixture on the bacon. I just find it easier to brush on the syrup.

The hot sauce and the pepper are optional, I just like it with them.

Again, a technique so feel free to experiment.

tenagail
0 Kudos

Denny's Restaurant is advertising some sort of Bacon-mania special, check it out all you bacon lovers. Take your NC with you so that you'll not be bored waiting for your order.

mister-j
0 Kudos

I think my cholesterol is going up just reading this thread.

Wordsmith
dparrothead1
0 Kudos

All I know is, don't fry bacon while you're naked!!!!:smileysurprised:

Life is not about weathering the storms, it's about learning to dance in the rain!

It's a semi-true story!
Correspondent
julianka
0 Kudos

This is the second time tonight I've seen "how do you like your bacon" asked on places I go on the web....

Contributor
TullyMars
0 Kudos

mariel,
That recipe sounds AWESOME.  I may have to try that at an upcoming party.  Would go good with the Bacon Explosion that I usually make for parties.
If you want the recipe for that, just google it and you should be able to find it.

Nallia
Topics: 125
Kudos: 3,236
0 Kudos