Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
lovemynook77
0 Kudos

animated page turning

Is anyone else not getting this to work, i went into settings and activated it but no go..i even rebooted..anyone else having problems with it?
Correspondent
AWAKind
0 Kudos

Re: animated page turning

I only get the page sliding effect.. not the actual page folding over like a book when i activated it..

Frequent Contributor
Mz_Yaya
0 Kudos

AWAKind wrote:

I only get the page sliding effect.. not the actual page folding over like a book when i activated it..

Same here....

Contributor
Mittalman
0 Kudos

Same here.
Correspondent
Ace7
0 Kudos

Yeah. The page just kind of "slides" off the screen, and the next "slides" onto the screen. Kind of .. lame..?

Facebook.com/CustomizingYourNookColor
Contributor
aberrant
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Ace7 wrote:

Yeah. The page just kind of "slides" off the screen, and the next "slides" onto the screen. Kind of .. lame..?

This is how it's supposed to work. It's very subtle. There are some other threads disscussing this already. This is one of them:

http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/t5/NOOKcolor-General-Discussion/Book-Page-Turning/m-p/980516/hig...

And here is another:

http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/t5/NOOKcolor-Technical-Support/1-2-Update-Page-Animation-not-wor...

Search function is your friend! :smileyhappy:

Contributor
lovemynook77
0 Kudos

I didnt realize their was another thread, i was hoping for something more exciting..thank you!
Correspondent
AWAKind
0 Kudos

i would uncheck..  Probably uses more battery

Frequent Contributor
joestravels
0 Kudos

Why bother? to offer it? If one expected something like a ipad effect its most likly a copyright thing Apple owns.
Contributor
aberrant
0 Kudos

lovemynook77 wrote:
I didnt realize their was another thread, i was hoping for something more exciting..thank you!

I didn't notice it at first either. I had to do a search myself and then found out it was acutally working, just very subtle. I agree with the post above though that it probably eats more battery. Think of how much more battery it would drain if it were some super fancy page turn! I actually think the slide is pretty nice the way it is..very simple and gets the job done.

Correspondent
Ace7
0 Kudos

aberrant wrote:

Ace7 wrote:

This is how it's supposed to work. It's very subtle. There are some other threads disscussing this already. This is one of them:

http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/t5/NOOKcolor-General-Discussion/Book-Page-Turning/m-p/980516/hig...

And here is another:

http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/t5/NOOKcolor-Technical-Support/1-2-Update-Page-Animation-not-wor...

Search function is your friend! :smileyhappy:

I wasn't the one who started this thread, nor was I asking any questions about the effect. I was simply stating that the "animation" is not something I would call an actual animation. But, ah, thanks for the tips on how to use a forum...

Facebook.com/CustomizingYourNookColor
Wordsmith
SCIONTX
0 Kudos

Couldn't they have simulated real page turning like it's done in the NOOK app? This feature is lame.

Correspondent
AWAKind
0 Kudos

HaHa next update

New User
ElianGonzalez
0 Kudos

Yeah, when you title something "animation" then "subtlety" is not the first word that comes to mind. But thanks for the dissembling on an underwhelming "feature."

Wordsmith
SCIONTX
0 Kudos

AWAKind wrote:

HaHa next update

Yeah, version 2.0.

Exciting new features: Animated page turning (for real this time),

Wordsmith
ImmortalBeloved
0 Kudos

Ya, it's not so fabulous. lol I thought it would have a curling effect like the reader on my phone.

Frequent Contributor
P38Lightning
0 Kudos

I don't think iPad has a lock on that type of (desired) page turning effect as the one available with CM7 (Android 2.3) that I use on my sd card looks "real" and works just fine.

I have yet to hear anything about Apple suing Google over this and we all know how litigious Apple is!

Frequent Contributor
P38Lightning
0 Kudos

My referral here is to the Nook Ap...the Kindle ap does not do the same type of curled page animation.

Contributor
aberrant
0 Kudos

Ace7 wrote:

I wasn't the one who started this thread, nor was I asking any questions about the effect. I was simply stating that the "animation" is not something I would call an actual animation. But, ah, thanks for the tips on how to use a forum...

My comment wasn't meant to belittle you or your response in any way. My apologies if it came across as such. It was actually directed towards the original poster.

DRV
Wordsmith
DRV
0 Kudos

P38Lightning wrote:

My referral here is to the Nook Ap...the Kindle ap does not do the same type of curled page animation.

Hey, brilliant idea for the next update.  Just make page turns real sloooow and people will think they got a Kindle reader on their NCs!  :smileywink: