Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Frequent Contributor
ginger-maci
0 Kudos

are we getting the 1.4 update for NC?

my wi-fi was out for about a month. did i miss the update? i want to buy  a archie comic, but it says i cant download it. i think i need the update to puchase it.

Inspired Correspondent
j-andersonjma
0 Kudos

Re: are we getting the 1.4 update for NC?

Update for the Nook Color is set for Early 2012.  I think January is the target but please do not quote me on that...

DRV
Wordsmith
DRV
0 Kudos

Nook Color 1.4.1 update is available now.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/u/Software-Updates-NOOK-Color/379003190/

Inspired Correspondent
j-andersonjma
0 Kudos

I have it installed and am enjoying Netflix and the updated use of the "n" button...

Contributor
GiGi_1105
0 Kudos

i am a bit frazzled because i havent been able to upgrade my NC manually after 5 attempts. any ideas when the 1.41 will be done automatically for those of us in the northeast?

The love of learning, the sequestered nooks,
And all the sweet serenity of books.
~Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
New User
lupo1954
0 Kudos

I'm wondering what that means. My NC shows version 1.4.1. sience several weeks. Actually I'm not really happy about that, because now I can't root it.

I'd like to root it, because of the rediculous restriction policy. The apps market is a joke. I went through all the over 2000 apps currently on apps market of NOOK but 70% is crap and the rest is usable for game freeks.The android system actually give an incredible variaty of apps for e-mail clients, calendars and many other usefull tools. Why is the NC restricted from using free market apps?? Does B&N really fears loosing business? Does the management really has so little trust in their own marketing ? I love the reader because I love to read, but this device has so much more potential and I'm working to earn my money and with that most of my time I'd like to use it for other things.

Look at the keyboard! not even arrows to go back and forth in a text you have just written. I you see a type, you have to try to hit that place with you fingers and most of the time you have to erase several characters to get that one.

Here my advise. Open the NC to the android market place and let users chose the apps they like and need. If not, it will only take some time and the hacks will work and the NCs will leave the Nook community in masses.

Lupo1954