Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Reader
rimi1974
0 Kudos

battery charge

I have had my color Nook for about 2 months.  The manual says the charge should last for weeks, but I have to charge the battery approximately every other day.  I turn off my WiFi on when not using it and also have lightened up the screen background to save power.  Not sure if I set up my Nook incorrectly or how to fix the problem.

Distinguished Correspondent
Nooksie
0 Kudos

Re: battery charge

My experience is if you read a lot you must charge your NookC every day or so even with the WiFi off.    I read a whole lot and charge every night and half the time during the day.  Wasn't what I expected but as I really love my NookC and really love reading, I deal with it.

Contributor
jaleesa_88
0 Kudos

I have to charge my NC about every other day also.  But I never thought it was a problem.  The BN rep I spoke with before purchasing it said that the battery should last about 8 hours.

Inspired Wordsmith
A_Wilson

According to the manual from my NOOK Color... "With a fully charged battery and with Wi-Fi turned on, your NOOK Color has enough power to last in a suspended "sleeping" state for many days.  With a fully charged battery and with Wi-Fi turned off, your NOOK Color has enough power to last in a suspended state for several weeks."

So as long as you don't use it and have the Wi-Fi turned off, sure it will last a few weeks...but where is the  fun in that?  :smileyhappy:  I have to charge mine about every couple of days, but I keep my Wi-Fi turned off unless i really want to search for something on the internet or download a new book and I have found that having the "brightness" level turned way down helps the battery life a lot too (and keeps my eyes from burning), and I read for anywhere from 1-4 hours a day almost every day.

"We cannot all do great things, but we can do small things with great love." - Mother Theresa

“Let us be kind, one to another, for most of us are fighting a hard battle.” Ian McKlaren

Correspondent
Ryan_
0 Kudos

Battery life on any device will depend on how you use the device. If you listen to music, play a game or watch a video, that will drain the battery quicker than just reading. Even with the WiFi off. 

Developer at Toy Studio - Developer of Nook Apps
=========================================
Inspired Contributor
VAharleygirl
0 Kudos

I agree w/ others - every day to 2 days max, for a typical read-session. I usually read 1-2hrs at a time, commuting... so 2-4 hrs there, plus whatever other bits of "downtime" I can snag (much as I did w/ papaer books, but much easier to go to a new book when I'm done with my current selection ^_^ ).

On a trip, I believe I got 7 hrs out of my NC, with wireless off other than a brief book download & news-site checking of 30min.