Correspondent
SRay

battery temperature

Now I know why my NC battery doesn't last as long as the one in my Nook 3g. I originally thought it was the lcd vs. e-ink difference, but I was mucking about on the NC, trying to kill time while waiting for tomorrow, and found this:

battery temp

Given that the surface of the sun is only around 5500 C, I'm pretty impressed! That great NC thermoplastic case works so well, I can hold the NC on my lap while reading without being vaporized. Now if I could only figure out how to harness all that heat to warm my house in the winter... 

Btw, while I don't post much, I do read the forum every day, and probably should take the time to thank all the regulars here for all the info you share. I've gotten a lot more enjoyment out of my NC because of the tips and info you share. Special props to phoneboy for the tip about imageshack--used it to post the screen shot above.

Happy Easter!

Distinguished Correspondent
MadScntst

Re: battery temperature

thanks for the upload SRay. and welcome. but as you know reading a book can warp reality around you. that is why libraries seem so different. they are warping time and space into a field called L-Space. Sir Terry Pratchet goes into greater detail about said phenomenon. but in L-Space the standard laws of phsyic and chemistry no longer apply. so if we have a basic understanding that L-Space throws out all the scientific conventions that we hold dear and if we realize that the nook color is simply a portable library which has created its own L-Space continum. then it comes as no shock what so ever that it can operate at a core temperature of 2756520 Celsius or 2756793.15 Kelvin. so by creating a portable library with a portable L-Space, BN was able to create the device this device. what we have is actually not a Lithium battery but is more a Lithium based poly dimension universe populated by a myraid lifeforms that use Lithium as their basis for life. its just like how we use phosphate as the backbone of our DNA, these creatures use Lithium. it is quite facisinating really, and amazing that BN knew to take advantge of such a phenomenon. so to sum up be very careful with your nook color because billions of lifeforms are counting on you.

Tinkering with things best left untinkered......wait a second where does this thing go?
Inspired Correspondent
Knowledge70
0 Kudos

Laurel to MadScntst just for a reference to Terry Pratchett :smileyhappy:

Wordsmith
DrWho453
0 Kudos

Oh, its even better in farenheight. I am running elixer and was shocked when i saw the battery temp. I switched to farenheight and was shocked even more. I guess it must be using that zero point energy they keep talking about in SG.
"It is one of the ironies of modern rule that it is far more acceptable today to affirm publicly one's belief in God, for whose existence there is no scientific evidence, than UFOs, the existence of which - whatever they might be - is physically documented." - Alexander Wendt and Raymond Duvall