Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Correspondent
crenita
0 Kudos

can I download MP3 onto the nook ? and if so from what site ??

I am not that into music but want to add soem to the nook color... so I have no idea where to go to get the music.. in the past have used Amazon but don't think that will work will it ???

please some detailed instructions.. ..

ps I know this sounds dumb in this day and age but I just listen to Pandora or similar vs buying music.

Contributor
Balloonchaser
0 Kudos

Re: can I download MP3 onto the nook ? and if so from what site ??

Yes, MP3s from Amazon will work.  Once I downloaded the song to my computer I used the USB to transfer the flie to my NC. I'm sorry but I dont remember the actual folder I used but look for one titled "Music" or My_music I believe...

Correspondent
crenita
0 Kudos

THANK YOU>>>>>>>:smileyvery-happy:

Distinguished Scribe
normysmom
0 Kudos

We used a certain "fruity music software program" on our PC to rip our CD collection to files on the computer.  I connected my NookColor to my PC via the USB cord and copied my ripped music files from the computer to the NookColor.  They play just fine via the Music player on the NookColor.

Nothing like a fire, a cat and a good Nook!