Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
mimi88
0 Kudos

can't download nookbooks with v 1.3.0

I recently(sunday) updated my NC to v1.3 and assigned a CC to my account but cant download free books or buy books. each time i hit the download button it says " UNABLE TO DOWNLOAD INTERNAL ERRO: EXCEPTION EXECUTING THE COMMAND" I called BN tech support and they weren't able to fix it. ust so u knw, my wifi connection is fine cus i can browse the internet on my NC( just want to rule that out). Is anybody having this problem?if yes,how can i fix it. Thanxxxxx

Inspired Wordsmith
sandie52
0 Kudos

Re: can't download nookbooks with v 1.3.0

check your account on the B&N website and make sure that you entered your credit card information correctly and the card is not expired.

Distinguished Bibliophile
deemure
0 Kudos

Was this a newly purchased NC that you just assigned a cc to? Have you tried completely powering it off? This could just be a momentary problem with the servers or it could be that something became corrupted. If it persists, I would try going to your account on the website and I would archive all books, then try unarchiving them one by one on the NC which will get tgem to download (or try to) again. If nothing works, I would consider deregistering and reregistering the NC.
"I still believe in spite of everything that people are good at heart." Anne Frank.
BN_AlexG
Topics: 68
Kudos: 519
0 Kudos

Hey mimi88, please PM me with your account information (email address, serial number) and i'll look into this for you.

Thanks!

-Alex

Click the Laurel leaf to say thank you for helpful posts. And be sure to come back to click the 'Accept as Solution' button for the post that solved your issue. This may help someone else.
Contributor
mimi88
0 Kudos

@ sandie52 I triple check my CC info lol. BN tech girl checked too and it was correct and up to date.

Contributor
mimi88
0 Kudos

i got it since feb but didnt assign a CC to it till now cus i had some books (hard cover) that i wanted to finish + i will sampling books with my NC. Now that i decided to buy the sampled books,i assinged a CC. I tried deresgistering but it would let me. I ve turned it off many time i cant even count.Does v1.3 corrupt the devise? Let me knw so i start looking for my receipt lol..... I smell REFUND :smileymad:

Contributor
mimi88
0 Kudos

@ BN_ALEXG: i just PMed you my e-mail I.D and SN Thanx

Inspired Wordsmith
sandie52
0 Kudos

And no - 1.3 did not corrupt anything. The fact that you are just now actually activating it with a credit card is probably your issue.

Contributor
mimi88
0 Kudos

@sandie52: Good new, i took my NC to a BN store and one of their guys there helped me fix it. He did what they all a hard reset and its working now. only thing is he adviced me to do an update which im a little iffy about but i thing i just might. Anyways, thanx for ur contribution...U rock !

Inspired Wordsmith
sandie52
0 Kudos

Terriffic. You don't need to worry about the download especially 1.3 which was not that much of a change in anything. If you don't have 1.3 now eventually when you have your WIFI on it will download and install on it's own. It's all good.:smileyhappy:

Contributor
mimi88
0 Kudos

@ sandie52: i guess i will just leave it @ 1.0 and let it download automatically like u said. Thanx :smileywink: