Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
The_Duke
0 Kudos

contact Sales Audit department from outside US?

[ Edited ]

Hello,

I bought an new Nook Color via Ebay (sealed package, very respected buyer) because the Nook Color is not avalible in my country (Netherlands). However, when trying to activate I receive an error right after the Wifi screen. (BAD1221). After contacting (helpfull) support they state the device is blacklisted and I should contact the Sales Audit department.

By phone this is impossible, because their phone is only avalible if you have an orderid and (us) zipcode. (selley buys large quantities of Nook Colors, so no individual orderid is avalible)

Therefore I emailed to authorizations@book.com, howver, still awaiting reply besides an automated email-message.

Is there another way to contact this department from outside the US?

Frequent Contributor
geertm
0 Kudos

Re: contact Sales Audit department from outside US?

On the following page you will find the international customer service number:

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/help/customer_service/morehelp.asp

Contributor
The_Duke
0 Kudos

Thank you for the link. I already tried that number but it is normal support, not Sales Audit. Anyone else with tip?

Bibliophile
bklvr896
0 Kudos

The_Duke wrote:

Thank you for the link. I already tried that number but it is normal support, not Sales Audit. Anyone else with tip?

Sorry, can't think of anything else except you could PM (private message) Alex_G the moderator on the board and perhaps he can help.  Blacklisted sounds like it's a stolen product, I certainly hope that isn't the case for you.

Mark_OB1
Topics: 23
Kudos: 1,259
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Duke,

> Thank you for the link. I already tried that number but it is normal support, not Sales Audit. Anyone else with tip? <

Yes, that is their regular Customer Service number.  However, I am surprised they could not provide you with the number for you to contact the B&N Sales Audit Department (in their own company), for International customers.

I did a little research myself, and that number is:  1-212-414-6024

Sales Audit Representatives should be available to help you from 8:30AM to 5PM E.S.T. Monday- Friday (but possibly not Holidays, and today is Thanksgiving).  At this point, they may be unavailable until next Monday.  :smileysad:  But I'd give it a try anyway. They will want to know where you obtained your item, and some credit card information, before they can flag it as OK.

Good luck!  I hope this helps, and let us know how it goes.

- Mark

P.S.  In the meantime, you might want to contact the eBay seller, since if he buys and sells these in bulk quantities, he must have had others run into the same problem before you.

Contributor
The_Duke
0 Kudos

Thanks for the number. As expected they are not avalible at the moment (well, everybody deserves a day off), Gonne try again monday, thanks and I will let you known how the story ends. 

Already contacted the buyer, we are both trying to solve the issue...

Contributor
The_Duke
0 Kudos

Took me over on hour on the phone to get disconnected at the end. Will send the admin an message. It seems to be an serial issue.

Support department
Called support department on 1-877-379-0036. Cannot find serial number.

Send to send 2nd line

2nd line support

Cannot find serial number. Sent do escalation support.

Escalation support

Can find the serialnumber.Stated the device is blacklisted on 11-1-2011. Cannot un-blacklist the device, however, they could transfer me to the right department.

Sales Audit department

Could not find the serial number. Tried several times. No solution. Forwarded back to Digital Escalation Support

Sent back to the escalation department

Waited 10 minutes.got hung op…

Mark_OB1
0 Kudos

Wow.  That's terrible, Duke.

I hope one of the Admins here can help get this mess unraveled.  Customers should never be put through such grief.  [Unless it's a stolen item, with a fake serial #.]

You indicated that the Seller was very reputable.  I hope that is true.

Thanks for keeping us updated on your progress.

- Mark

Contributor
The_Duke
0 Kudos

No reply from BN_AlexG, now trying via Twitter BN_Care.

First support reaction within 20 minutes, sure beats all other support channels.

Now hope they can solve it. Will keep you updated.

Contributor
The_Duke
0 Kudos

Wouw !! :smileytongue: The issue is solved. 

It seems B&N uses several database for Nook Color serial registration. My Nook Color was known in the back-office database, but not in the sold database (first line support). Yesterday BN_AlexG issued an ticket to fix this issue. 

Today I called the authorization department on the US number. After entering garbage in the automated system (lots of 0's and #'s) it transferred me to an support employee. When I explained situation they just unblocked the account, and the issue was immediately fixed.

Took me week, lots of persistence, ignoring statements that the issue could not be fixed/needed local reinstall..but my Nook Color finally works. Now its time to read a good book :smileyhappy:

Mark_OB1
0 Kudos

Duke,

Congrats!  I'm glad to hear the problem has been resolved, but don't feel that anyone should have to go through what you did.  Especially since it was a B&N internal issue.  It's a black-eye for them, and lots of folks would just give up before enduring those hassles.

- Mark