Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Correspondent
crenita

got Amazon streaming movies to work !!

Well I guess you can watch Amazon videos.after all

.. I am a Prime member and they give us a free streaming movies.. so I Switched the browser to MOBILE  view and selected a movie and

Dang..  it is PLAYING NOW...

.   needs  ear buds as the sound is low but works pretty good .. doesn't seem  too choppy at all.. at least the movie I am watchin which is Ant Bully... have had it start and stop  2 times so far just for a second or 2..  but just keeps up with the movie..

Now I would suggest you try one or two of the FREE videos on their site first before renting anything to make sure it works for you on you Internet service..

.... another site to play with !!!!!:smileyvery-happy:

Inspired Contributor
Momma_Mimi-718
0 Kudos

Re: got Amazon streaming movies to work !!

Wow Crenita, you are hot today.........:smileyvery-happy:

Inspired Correspondent
Niteryder
0 Kudos

Excellent! I was one of the few, I guess, that had no idea that Amazon had free streaming video for their Prime members until a few weeks ago. I'll have to now go check it out on my NC, when, or if, Netflix becomes available I'll be in heaven.

"Keep me, Protect me, Share me, and I Will Live Forever"
From the Kodak Gallery, A powerful & Moving Commercial:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdWwqAI6x9A
Inspired Wordsmith
Theriot_Publishing
0 Kudos

Amazon is primed to become the next Netflix.  Their current selection pretty much sucks, but they have to start somewhere.

Amazon has the leverage of client base to be a major player in online streaming and, while many don't know it', they are a huge host of many sites already and have recently launched a 'cloud' service (which had a spectacular failure as well).

I currently don't think much of their online steaming, but it does have potential... and a huge corporation to back up expansion plans.

I currently sub to netflix, but if amazon had a similar service with near similar content, I'd sub.  Right now, they are in their infancy and appropriately offering it free with a prime subscription (discounted/expedited shipping).  I can fully see them launching an entire netflix-like program for a sub fee in the next two years.)

Disclaimer:  I work for amazon but have no knowledge of their plans in this area.

Behold the Glory and Grace of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Let His noodly appendage touch you. Swallow the sauce for it is the blood of innocent tomatoes. So sayeth the FSM. Pasta for Peace!
Scribe
dfehling
0 Kudos

I also am a Prime member but didn't know about the free streaming videos. I learn something new every day! :smileyvery-happy:

But the video I tried to view on my NC was very choppy. (The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo) Really not worth it at all. I gave up after just a few minutes. But I will try to watch some from my PC now that I know I have access to them.

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read. ~Attributed to Groucho Marx
Frequent Contributor
Arisia
0 Kudos

I also tried the Amazon streaming but the quality was awful.   The same with tv.com.   The best was pbs but I had to keep the video very small to work.   With Amazon, I tried both the mobile setting (didn't work at all) and the desktop (very choppy).   I really wish I could figure out how some people are experiencing very good results while others not so much.

Correspondent
crenita
0 Kudos

My suspicion is that those of us that are having good results have a faster Internet service .

. I upgraded my router a few weeks ago.. as mine was over 6 yr old .. wow. made a lot of difference in all my video viewing.. also I was having my wifi drop off later in the evening..but since upgrading no problems like that at all.

I also increased the speed of my Internet service ( Verizon) cost an addition $2 dollars per month and that also helped. in all my movie viewing with Netflix, and on my Roku on my TV.. I did that a few month back after talking with verizon about  possibly going to their Fios service..Decided against it as live in hurricain country and if power goes out..  then our phone service goes off also... not good in storm country.