Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Inspired Contributor
Spero
0 Kudos

message to the Community manager

Why does it seem that B&N does not care about their customer base that bought Nook Colors. People have repeatedly asked for more adult apps. What do they give us, more kiddie apps. It seems that the only way we will get adult apps, is to root our nooks and buy from Android Markets or Amazon Markets. I guess, I'll be rooting mine so I can get some apps that are not kiddie apps or multiple dictionaries. They need to get rid of whoever is chooseing the apps that are being released for the cn.
Spero
BN_AlexG
Topics: 68
Kudos: 517
0 Kudos

Re: message to the Community manager

Hi Spero,

I'm sorry you feel that way, and apologize for any part B&N has had in forming those sentiments. Our app offerings continue to grow, and feedback like yours helps us know what our users want most.

Thank you! 

Also, I hope you enjoy your NC to its fullest potential but I must also remind you; rooting or altering the NC's hardware/software in anyway does void your warranty.

Again, thank you for your feedback.

Feel free to PM me should you have any questions/concerns.

Thanks!

-Alex

Click the Laurel leaf to say thank you for helpful posts. And be sure to come back to click the 'Accept as Solution' button for the post that solved your issue. This may help someone else.
Inspired Contributor
Spero
0 Kudos

Re: message to the Community manager

I'm sorry if I came on a little strong on my opinions here. If you read the postings that are for apps, nowhere is anyone asking for more kiddie apps. If you look at the apps we have most of them are kiddie orented, plus why do we have books and comic books as apps? A lot of the postings are asking for games and utilities for enhansing the nc, such as native landscape reading, without useing a seperate app. Thanks, now I'll get off my soapbox.
Spero