Contributor
gabrielee
0 Kudos

ok this is nuts 3 days now my nook color dont connect to wi fi

[ Edited ]

ok its day 3 my nook color wont connect to wifi.im getting really mad now  anyone got a clue as to what thier doing to fix this issue:smileymad:

Distinguished Correspondent
TNTLamb
0 Kudos

Re: ok this is nuts 3 days now my nook color dont connect to wi fi

Its not so much what they are doing its what are YOU doing? The easiest way is to back up your sideloaded material, and do a reset. then reinstall sideloade materials and download your library.. BUT before yu do that try totally turning off your NC and reseting your wifi. Then restart everything. The problem MOST of the time is your NC is trying to use old settings and can't find the new ones. Part of the update included the means for NC to access newer open community WIFI streams with out having to adjust settings.

The update ctually (when everything is in place) gives a more stable FASTER connection with less battery drain.

There are 293 ways to make changes for a dollar.... No wonder we see things differently
Contributor
gabrielee
0 Kudos

ok reset my wifi  if this dont work im gonna be mad ive tried everything else

Distinguished Correspondent
TNTLamb
0 Kudos

Good luck!  BTW IF you have to do a reset, it clears up a TON of other minir annoyances and dispappearing icons. heck you might even get some free mags.

There are 293 ways to make changes for a dollar.... No wonder we see things differently
Contributor
gabrielee
0 Kudos

still wont work bah on the phone to b&n now

Inspired Wordsmith
donc13
0 Kudos

gabrielee wrote:

still wont work bah on the phone to b&n now

what have you done to your NC?   Have YOU reset it?   Have you taken it back to factory fresh (which is probably what Customer Service will have you do)?

---------
Don
Inspired Correspondent
furyu
0 Kudos

I five days into this nightmare and still don't have my NC back to functionality.  I just got off tech support (chat online) and was finally told that the problem was 'fixed".  Yeah, really?  Not mine.

I have tried everything and cannot connect to WiFi.

Write to be understood, speak to be heard, read to grow...
~L.C.Powell

Inspired Wordsmith
sandie52
0 Kudos

Re: ok this is nuts 3 days now my nook color don't connect to wi fi

Can you connect to WIFI other places than home? Like Panera or someplace? Try that and work from there.

What kind of internet router/network hookup do you have? It looks like a lot of people having problems have DSL or Satellite routers supplied by their ISP's.

Inspired Wordsmith
beeyebickiebuy
0 Kudos

gabrielee wrote:

ok reset my wifi  if this dont work im gonna be mad ive tried everything else

Uh, "doesn't".

Contributor
BCBronco19
0 Kudos

Just sold my NC on Ebay. This whole episode just seemed too incompetent to me.

Inspired Wordsmith
beeyebickiebuy
0 Kudos

BCBronco19 wrote:

Just sold my NC on Ebay. This whole episode just seemed too incompetent to me.

Do you mind sharing how much you got for it?

Contributor
BCBronco19
0 Kudos

250.00, included an 8gb SD and cover. The product is great, the support is not ready for prime-time.

Reader
Krysla
0 Kudos

I had a similar issue, except I can connect to wifi, just not the shop or apps or sync up my library.  I contacted customer support through chat earlier, after an hour of restarting and fiddling with my wifi, my NC is still not able to connect to the shop or apps.  I was told to keep checking the shop and if the issue wasn't resolved in 24 hours to contact them again.  What sort of crap response is this? 

Inspired Wordsmith
sandie52
0 Kudos

Have you tried a power off and on of your NC? IT's not totally uncommon that shop will lock up or not sync. I've always found that by turning off my NC and restarting it all manner of problems are solved.

And actually their response might well have been completely correct. They might be having server issues that prevent shop from being online.

Distinguished Wordsmith
MaluhiaKana
0 Kudos

Krysla wrote:

I had a similar issue, except I can connect to wifi, just not the shop or apps or sync up my library.  I contacted customer support through chat earlier, after an hour of restarting and fiddling with my wifi, my NC is still not able to connect to the shop or apps.  I was told to keep checking the shop and if the issue wasn't resolved in 24 hours to contact them again.  What sort of crap response is this? 

Did you register your Nook originally or did you skip the "out of the box experience"?

Inspired Wordsmith
chuck4prez
0 Kudos

Did you throw your NC at a wall in anger when the reset went down?

Distinguished Wordsmith
MaluhiaKana
0 Kudos

:smileyvery-happy:

Mark_OB1
Topics: 23
Kudos: 1,358
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

gabrielee wrote:

ok its day 3 my nook color wont connect to wifi.im getting really mad now  anyone got a clue as to what thier doing to fix this issue:smileymad:

Is it not connecting via WiFi?  Or is it not connecting to the Store?

I had an "interesting" experience with the later, yesterday.  I couldn't get into the Store at all when I first started trying just after lunch.  So I set it aside and tried again later.  Still no go.  Tried again later in the evening, and though everything else was working, I just couldn't access the Store (still). 

While initially I was chalking this up to server-side problems (in view of recent events), this just seemed WAY too long to be explained by that.  So I powered my Nook all the way off and rebooted it.  And the Store access magically reappeared.  Probably was there all along, and my unit was in a funky state, possibly from their machinations.

- Mark

So take Sandie's advice above (which I just read down to), and try power cycling it.