Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
galatians51
0 Kudos

reformat my CM7 SD card?

OK, I decided to go back to stock. I have increasingly found myself using myNC for 3 things- office documents, task lists, and reading, in that order. I went back to stock completely with the addition of the Conqu app in the B&N app store (awesome application), and I had already purchased QuickOffice. The NC has been a lot quicker on stock and I am quite happy. All of my other most used apps (which are Cozi, and a few apps for daily Scripture readings and the Liturgy of the Hours) all have web portals that I can easily access on the sites, which actually is no different than opening the app and having it pull data from the Web. Now I just have bookmarks instead of app icons. 

So I reformatted my CM7 8GB Sd card so I could use it for music. Stupid me- there is only like 116 MB available when I did so. I know it has something with re-partitioning the SD card so I can "see" the rest of it, but I'll be darned if I know how to do this, especially after formatting the CM7 part of it. Any ideas, or am I hosed here?

Frequent Contributor
suvlady
0 Kudos

Re: reformat my CM7 SD card?

galatians51 wrote:

OK, I decided to go back to stock. I have increasingly found myself using myNC for 3 things- office documents, task lists, and reading, in that order. I went back to stock completely with the addition of the Conqu app in the B&N app store (awesome application), and I had already purchased QuickOffice. The NC has been a lot quicker on stock and I am quite happy. All of my other most used apps (which are Cozi, and a few apps for daily Scripture readings and the Liturgy of the Hours) all have web portals that I can easily access on the sites, which actually is no different than opening the app and having it pull data from the Web. Now I just have bookmarks instead of app icons. 

So I reformatted my CM7 8GB Sd card so I could use it for music. Stupid me- there is only like 116 MB available when I did so. I know it has something with re-partitioning the SD card so I can "see" the rest of it, but I'll be darned if I know how to do this, especially after formatting the CM7 part of it. Any ideas, or am I hosed here?

Just download Mini Tool Partition Wizard and use that.  You will be able to regain your missing space.

Wordsmith
gandalf1369
0 Kudos

You could also download "SDFormatter" at: http://www.sdcard.org/consumers/formatter_3/

Small and efficient program for formatting all SD cards.

**** He Who Dies With The Most Toys Wins ****
Inspired Correspondent
nickels
0 Kudos

I know your problem and you don't need any of the tools mentioned to fix it. I wish I had the NC handy to give you the exact steps. But you just put it in the NC and go to settings. Somewhere in there is SD Card options. Click on Format Card and it will remove the partition and return the card to being full sized again.

Wordsmith
kingskidjan
0 Kudos

nickels wrote:

I know your problem and you don't need any of the tools mentioned to fix it. I wish I had the NC handy to give you the exact steps. But you just put it in the NC and go to settings. Somewhere in there is SD Card options. Click on Format Card and it will remove the partition and return the card to being full sized again.

It's under Device Info.