Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Mark_OB1
Topics: 23
Kudos: 1,259

[rooters] free Documents-To-Go...

[ Edited ]

is available on the A site's Free App of the Day.  This is the Full version key.  (Normally priced at 15 bucks.)  It's got a 4.3 rating (out of 5) in the Android Market (with almost 14,000 votes).  Recently updated, Oct21.

View, create, and edit Microsoft Word, Excel, & PowerPoint files.  Provides 'high fidelity' viewing of your PDF files.  Now supports editing of Google docs, and has bi-directional sync with your desktop machine via USB.

In case you missed it back in September, when it was on Sale for $8, you've got another shot now (at an even better price... free!).  Here's your chance to complete your collection of Android WP apps!  :smileyhappy:

- Mark

Inspired Contributor
BeachCatFan
0 Kudos

Re: [rooters] free Documents-To-Go...

Thanks, just got it!

Frequent Contributor
efeigenbaum
0 Kudos

It won't read .docx or .xlsx files.

Distinguished Bibliophile
roustabout
0 Kudos

Thanks for the pointer, Mark. 

The free app you pointed to this weekend was also free for the Honeycomb version if you had a big device.  I thought that was cool.  Or else I clicked "get it, it's shiny" and didn't notice that it cost, but I t think the HD variant was also free.   

"no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized." Fourth Amendment to the US Constitution.
Frequent Contributor
rdut
0 Kudos

Where do I go to get the free download? Market is charging 14.99.

Distinguished Bibliophile
roustabout
0 Kudos

You need to be using the Amazon marketplace on your NC - the regular market doesn't have this price.

https://www.amazon.com/app-email is a link that I think will take you directly to the appstore download on a mobile device, but I would go to the Amazon website and log in before hitting the link. 

"no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized." Fourth Amendment to the US Constitution.
Distinguished Wordsmith
PeterDe
0 Kudos

Thanks Mark! I just bought this for my iPad so I can start writing. With Dropbox and this free app I can now include my CM7 tablet in my writing endeavor!
Some people can't see the forest for the trees!

4 Nook Household, 2 NOOKs, 2 NOOKcolors
Mark_OB1
0 Kudos

> I just bought this for my iPad so I can start writing. With Dropbox and this free app I can now include my CM7 tablet in my writing endeavor! <

That's great, Peter.  Cross-device functionality is always a good thing.  Especially since you may have your NC with you at times the iPad is not available.

- Mark

Mark_OB1
0 Kudos

roustabout commented:

> Thanks for the pointer, Mark.  <

No problemo.  Thanks for the laurels!  

I like to keep folks here informed when something useful pops up there, since most of the time its just games.  Not that there's anything wrong with that.  :smileywink:  :smileyhappy:

> The free app you pointed to this weekend was also free for the Honeycomb version if you had a big device. I thought that was cool. Or else I clicked "get it, it's shiny" and didn't notice that it cost, but I t think the HD variant was also free.  <

Yes, it was.  I grabbed it too, for use on my Thinkpad tablet.  I'm pretty sure I mentioned both, but I may not have been clear on it.  It's nice in that it was actually designed for a tablet-size screen, vs. a phone.  So the UI is a plus.

- Mark

Distinguished Scribe
richardwrite25
0 Kudos

Amazon has, in the past few weeks, had all 3 of the biggies when it comes to office apps:  Office Suite, Documents to Go and QuickOffice. Of the three of them, my personal favorite is Office Suite, if for no other reason than it provides a handy toolbar similar to desktop word processors, making it easy to bold-face, italicize, and underline.