Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Inspired Contributor
postalchick
0 Kudos

Re: time to place your bets!!!

Well. Not today as of 6:00 Am!
Distinguished Correspondent
Wild_images
0 Kudos

< sigh >

Chubby8055
0 Kudos

Never done an update before, got my NC recently, am i magically going to wake up my NC in the morning and it will prompt me to update or if the update comes out at night does it start updating on its own?

Chubbs

Inspired Correspondent
leday
0 Kudos

Jenniisme wrote:

I'm thinking tomorrow...I've been noticing weird things on my nc today.

Just curious...what kind of wierd things??

The road goes ever on.....
Nookycooky
0 Kudos

APRIL 17 IS MY GUESS   (today is the 11th)

Nookycooky 

All charged up and ready to go...my Nook's are too....
Inspired Scribe
Doreenpv
0 Kudos

Well who ever said the 11th....looks like it ain't gonna happen. But we do have until midnight lol

Bibliophile
laurieb52
0 Kudos

@Doreen,

I was the optimist who chose the 11th. Woe is me...:smileysad:

Life's a chair of bowlies...and it's all about Plan B!
dgiznya
0 Kudos

OH we keep on rollin!

Day-by-Day

DG

Someone once said "Ignorance is Bliss".
I have no idea if this is true, but I sure am happy!
Inspired Scribe
Doreenpv
0 Kudos

Laurie...don't feel bad....12 and 13 have joined ya lol

Distinguished Bibliophile
phoneboy
0 Kudos

28hrs:30mins til update  +/- a few hrs

And you can take that to the bank! 

:smileywink:

Don 't interfere with somethin' that ain't bothering you none. ~Unknown
LGman
0 Kudos

dgiznya wrote:

OH we keep on rollin!

Day-by-Day
^^^^^^^^^^

Love that song, from the soundtrack of "Jesus Christ Superstar" I believe.
For every complex problem, there is a solution that is simple, neat, and wrong.
Correspondent
julianka
0 Kudos

LGman wrote:

dgiznya wrote:

OH we keep on rollin!

Day-by-Day
^^^^^^^^^^

Love that song, from the soundtrack of "Jesus Christ Superstar" I believe.

Wrong Jesus musical - Day by Day is from Godspell.  :smileyhappy:  (but I thnk dgiznya was quoting another song?)

As for the update I don't know about the date, but I somehow have it in my head that the update will come on a Monday or Tuesday.  This is why I can't believe this Friday like many are predicting, but of course since today is Thursday of course I hope I'm wrong.

Scribe
03FLHT2
0 Kudos

Whose Bank may that be.  

phoneboy wrote:

28hrs:30mins til update  +/- a few hrs

And you can take that to the bank! 

:smileywink:

GeneHunter
0 Kudos

What really happens: 

The tech support staff know nothing.  They leave Friday evening ready to enjoy a quiet weekend.

The IT staff also wants to spend a quiet weekend, so they drop the upgrade to the public as they walk out the door on Friday.

All H**l breaks out when the servers become overloaded and the weekend customer support staff still hasn't received the word about the upgrade.

Just the facts!

Frequent Contributor
Minpinrose

I am not sure about all that but I just got off the phone with Technical Support.  I had to call them because I lost my NC.  I am just beside myself and wanted to inflict more pain on myself and asked if they knew when the download would occur.  She admitted did not know for sure but suggested April 21.  Oh me I am so distraught.  Don't know what I am going to do!  I have had withdrawal pains!

Inspired Scribe
riffrafff
0 Kudos

GeneHunter wrote:

What really happens: 

The tech support staff know nothing.  They leave Friday evening ready to enjoy a quiet weekend.

The IT staff also wants to spend a quiet weekend, so they drop the upgrade to the public as they walk out the door on Friday.

All H**l breaks out when the servers become overloaded and the weekend customer support staff still hasn't received the word about the upgrade.

Just the facts!

The only problem with that scenario is it neglects to mention all the pages and texts and phone calls that go out to the admins, regardless of the day or the hour.   :smileysad:

COME...to the Dark Side.

We have cookies.
Inspired Scribe
Doreenpv
0 Kudos

Minpinrose wrote:

I am not sure about all that but I just got off the phone with Technical Support.  I had to call them because I lost my NC.  I am just beside myself and wanted to inflict more pain on myself and asked if they knew when the download would occur.  She admitted did not know for sure but suggested April 21.  Oh me I am so distraught.  Don't know what I am going to do!  I have had withdrawal pains!

So how was CS able to help you with a lost nook? Do you have the extended warranty and does that cover loss?

Contributor
luvnbooks

I'm guessing this weekend.

I had my NC blow out two days ago (it couldn't even get back to factory settings, due to a possible battery or software issue).  I took it in to my local B&N where they did everything they could to fix it - and the manager seemed pretty tech savvy.  Anyway, after switching out my NC under the warranty they suggested I bring it back in this weekend because they were expecting the update Friday and wanted to manually sideload the update onto the NC to make sure no corruption occurs.  They stated it is a big update, so they want to make sure nothing goes wrong with it coming in over my home wi-fi.  They are apparently telling all NC owners they encounter to bring in their NCs for the update.

And so, we'll see :smileytongue:

Correspondent
Bella_Reader
0 Kudos

Friday?? Squee!

dgiznya
0 Kudos

No love for phoneBoy.

Well it looks like the 15th is a bust.  At least it appears that way.

Don't take ol' Phoney to Vegas with you.

DG

Someone once said "Ignorance is Bliss".
I have no idea if this is true, but I sure am happy!