Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Reply
Distinguished Bibliophile
phoneboy
Posts: 1,904
Registered: ‎12-04-2010

Re: time to place your bets!!!

Don 't interfere with somethin' that ain't bothering you none. ~Unknown
Inspired Correspondent
FredOak3
Posts: 105
Registered: ‎03-08-2011
0 Kudos

Re: time to place your bets!!!

It's Easter/Spring break, hell half our IT staff is on vacation...I'm sure B&N is the same way, my guess is next week once the hang-overs are done with

Distinguished Correspondent
dgiznya
Posts: 136
Registered: ‎12-30-2010
0 Kudos

Re: time to place your bets!!!

The days keep ticking.

 

Some many losers in so many days.

 

 

Keep it official and put you WAGs here.

 

DG

Someone once said "Ignorance is Bliss".
I have no idea if this is true, but I sure am happy!
Inspired Scribe
riffrafff
Posts: 1,581
Registered: ‎12-27-2010
0 Kudos

Re: time to place your bets!!!

 


dgiznya wrote:

The days keep ticking.

 

Some many losers in so many days.

 

 

Keep it official and put you WAGs here.

 

DG


 

Monday the 25th, I'm tellin' ya.

 

 

 

COME...to the Dark Side.

We have cookies.
Correspondent
KJRad
Posts: 98
Registered: ‎04-08-2011
0 Kudos

Re: time to place your bets!!!


riffrafff wrote:

 


dgiznya wrote:

The days keep ticking.

 

Some many losers in so many days.

 

 

Keep it official and put you WAGs here.

 

DG


 

Monday the 25th, I'm tellin' ya.

 

 

 


I predicted the 25th also, but unfortunately we lose! DG (OP) picked the 25th so he will be the winner on Monday. Actually we will be winners if the U is Monday.:smileywink:

Contributor
nhsebas
Posts: 10
Registered: ‎01-22-2011
0 Kudos

Re: time to place your bets!!!

Barnes&Noble will update the Nook color on the date they deem that they will maximize profits and favorable publicity---not one day sooner---or later. Furthermore, B&N derives NO gain whatsoever by announcing that date in advance. Why anyone thinks otherwise is really beyond me.
Distinguished Correspondent
dgiznya
Posts: 136
Registered: ‎12-30-2010

Re: time to place your bets!!!


nhsebas wrote:
Barnes&Noble will update the Nook color on the date they deem that they will maximize profits and favorable publicity---not one day sooner---or later. Furthermore, B&N derives NO gain whatsoever by announcing that date in advance. Why anyone thinks otherwise is really beyond me.

 

This thread wasn't about knowing any facts.

It's all about the thrill of the gamble, and pure guess work.

 

Which, btw, I will be right about, because

"I'm good enough, smart enough and gosh darn it people like me."

 

 

DG

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Someone once said "Ignorance is Bliss".
I have no idea if this is true, but I sure am happy!
Nallia
Posts: 4,758
Topics: 125
Kudos: 3,238
Registered: ‎02-15-2010
0 Kudos

Re: time to place your bets!!!

 


dgiznya wrote:

nhsebas wrote:
Barnes&Noble will update the Nook color on the date they deem that they will maximize profits and favorable publicity---not one day sooner---or later. Furthermore, B&N derives NO gain whatsoever by announcing that date in advance. Why anyone thinks otherwise is really beyond me.

 

This thread wasn't about knowing any facts.

It's all about the thrill of the gamble, and pure guess work.

 

Which, btw, I will be right about, because

"I'm good enough, smart enough and gosh darn it people like me."

 

 

DG

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Originally I was going to pick the 25th but went with the 18th because you already picked it.  Curse youuuuuuuu!  :smileymad:

 

New User
terry_s5001
Posts: 1
Registered: ‎04-22-2011
0 Kudos

Re: time to place your bets!!!

Official statment I read was release in the Spring 2011.  Having been in business and knowing how schedules and deadlines are set and kept; I bet release will be June 20th 2011.

Distinguished Correspondent
akaCat
Posts: 170
Registered: ‎03-06-2011
0 Kudos

Re: time to place your bets!!!

 


dgiznya wrote:

 

This thread wasn't about knowing any facts.

It's all about the thrill of the gamble, and pure guess work.

 


I can't believe you didn't mention the brownies! It's also about brownies.

Frequent Contributor
Feh5
Posts: 30
Registered: ‎04-20-2011
0 Kudos

Re: time to place your bets!!!

Probably as soon as they get their CS reps trained and competent. LOL, so that means NEVER!

Distinguished Correspondent
dgiznya
Posts: 136
Registered: ‎12-30-2010
0 Kudos

Re: time to place your bets!!!

Oh, I can almost taste the victory.

 

Monday I will be a big weiner!

 

 

DG

Someone once said "Ignorance is Bliss".
I have no idea if this is true, but I sure am happy!
Inspired Scribe
geatdanemomDT
Posts: 858
Registered: ‎11-21-2010
0 Kudos

Re: time to place your bets!!!

 


dgiznya wrote:

Oh, I can almost taste the victory.

 

Monday I will be a big weiner!

 

 

DG


Is that a kosher, oscar meyer or a tofuky weiner?

 

http://quiltinharmony.blogspot.com/
1 Nook 3G/Wi/Fi
Nook Color stock
Nook Color / N2A


Distinguished Correspondent
TNTLamb
Posts: 291
Registered: ‎03-26-2011
0 Kudos

Re: time to place your bets!!!

 


dgiznya wrote:

Oh, I can almost taste the victory.

 

Monday I will be a big weiner!

 

 

DG


Sorry I'm, claiming the brownies. My guess as its being "anytime now" will be even closer than a generic "Monday"

 

There are 293 ways to make changes for a dollar.... No wonder we see things differently
Distinguished Correspondent
dgiznya
Posts: 136
Registered: ‎12-30-2010

Re: time to place your bets!!!

Everyone sucks but me!

 

I told you all it would be today, but you wouldn't believe me!

 

I will kindly keep my prize and receive any other goodies folks want to give me.

 

I am king of the hill...

 

Now get of my "!@#@$@%# GRASS"

 

 

 

DG

Someone once said "Ignorance is Bliss".
I have no idea if this is true, but I sure am happy!
Inspired Scribe
riffrafff
Posts: 1,581
Registered: ‎12-27-2010

Re: time to place your bets!!!

Yes, yes, you win.  

 

 

(Even though a bunch of us said it would be the day after the holiday weekend.)  :smileytongue:

 

 

 

 

COME...to the Dark Side.

We have cookies.
Nallia
Posts: 4,758
Topics: 125
Kudos: 3,238
Registered: ‎02-15-2010
0 Kudos

Re: time to place your bets!!!

Distinguished Correspondent
dgiznya
Posts: 136
Registered: ‎12-30-2010
0 Kudos

Re: time to place your bets!!!

 

The good kind.

 

I want to get in there with my hands and just dig in.

No utensils needed.

 

 

DG

 

 

 

Someone once said "Ignorance is Bliss".
I have no idea if this is true, but I sure am happy!