Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
DoodlebugNC
0 Kudos

trade ins for nooks

I too adore my nook!  But I agree I would love to trade it in for a color version if possible.  Can Barnes & Noble consider a variation of this?  I have also heard that B & N is being bought out by the company that owns Borders.  Info PLEASE?

Frequent Contributor
JamieOutlaw
0 Kudos

Re: trade ins for nooks

[ Edited ]

DIY Trade-in: place an ad on Craig's List (or similar) and sell your Nook for cash :smileyhappy: That's what I did when I bought my NOOKcolor.  Unless you are within the return period for your Nook, BN is not going to take it back (there are many threads on this topic on these boards). 

Also, there are all kinds of rumors about companies purchasing other companies ... sometimes they are true sometimes not and no one who posts here actually knows the truth.  

It's best to just enjoy your nook and stop worrying about things that are beyond your control :smileyvery-happy:

Correspondent
Grammaknits02
0 Kudos

Sorry-but B&N does not owe us a trade in deal. You wouldn't get a "trade in" for a computer you bought 6 months ago for a new computer. I listed my Nook on Craigslist for $100 and had a call on it 5 minutes after listing it, and sold it an hour later. That was a great help in offsetting the cost of my NC.
Reading Now:
Wrongful Death: The Aids Trial
by Stephan Davis
Inspired Scribe
riffrafff
0 Kudos

I'll trade ya this here Kindle thing for yer Nook Classic.  T'day only!

:smileyvery-happy:

COME...to the Dark Side.

We have cookies.
Inspired Contributor
MrBanballow
0 Kudos

DoodlebugNC wrote:

I have also heard that B & N is being bought out by the company that owns Borders.  Info PLEASE?

Haven't heard anything about that. I'd find it unlikely that Borders would have the money to do it. Borders current stock price is under $1 per share, while B&N's is currently sitting at a bit over $16.

Currently reading: The Complete Sherlock Holmes Vol 1, Grimm's Fairy Tales
Inspired Correspondent
3reddogs3
0 Kudos

ANN ARBOR, Mich., Dec. 6 (UPI) -- U.S. bookseller Borders Group Inc. confirmed Monday it was working toward acquiring rival Barnes & Noble. The Detroit News reported that activist investor William Ackman, who owns 37 percent of Borders, had submitted a filing with the Securities and Exchange Commission, offering to finance a purchase at $16 per share.

Both companies are struggling to remain competitive in a market increasingly dependent on the Internet.

If dogs could talk, it would take a lot of the fun out of owning one (Andy Rooney)
Frequent Contributor
cbtengr
0 Kudos

It's now a month after that article and Borders is delaying payment to some of its vendors.

Who knows how this will play out.

Wordsmith
KingAl

Even if they did offer a trade-in program, you would probably get more money selling it yourself (kind of like selling your old car versus trading it in.)

DRV
Wordsmith
DRV
0 Kudos

Try Gazelle (http://www.gazelle.com/).

Frequent Contributor
Mela08
0 Kudos

I sold my Nook Classic on ebay for 157 and used the funds to buy my Nook Color.

Inspired Contributor
withfeeling
0 Kudos

Sounds like someone doesn't know you can buy refurbished Nook Classics from B&N for $119 or $139. Shh.:smileywink: