Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
gadgetgirl003
0 Kudos

Re: watch some full length TV episodes. ..

have I said today how much I LOVE my little Color Nook ???  I have had her for over 5 months and still enjoy it each and every day.

Me too. :smileyvery-happy: Thanks again.

Inspired Correspondent
jrussell1

www.southparkstudios.com works if anyone's into higher learning and more cultural things.

Distinguished Correspondent
peppyauntie121
0 Kudos

crenita wrote:

If you want to watch some full lenght episodes of TV shows..

go to www.TV.com.... works well on the NC now.. 

This is an app that is on my phone but we can still get it to work on the nook going throught the browser

Enjoy

Okay, I need help Crenita.  I'm on tv.com  ..  it's home page.  So I clicked on "more", and a bunch of tv show icons show up.   I tap onto a tv show icon, and nothing happens.

I went back to the home page, clicked "shows"... and a list of Top 100 shows comes up, most of which say "clips online", a few say "episodes online",  What am I doing wrong?

CB2010
0 Kudos

geatdanemomDT wrote:

sahm8108 wrote:
Can you only watch what they have on at that time or can you watch what ever show/episode you want? How do you watch, i can only see a list of shows. This is for tv.com.

You can go through the list of what they have and choose what you want.

Well, not exactly--it only lets you see certain shows and on some show they may only have one or two available. I presume they change these out from time to time. Some of the older shows, it has more episodes. And some, (I clicked on an older episode of 20/20), just take you to the station's website--so you might check at the show's web site to see available episodes.

On TV.com, you click on "Shows" up top and it gives you a list below or you can try navigating the graphic menu (which I find nausiating).

I don't know if it works on Nook, haven't tried it, but what about Hulu.com? I've watched their shows on my PC and they're pretty good.

Inspired Correspondent
jrussell1
0 Kudos

peppyauntie I'm not sure I havn't tried that one yet, but try zooming those icons a little or holding in landscape mode and zooming.  South park shows wont work until I widen things up a bit and touching the icons. Hope thats the problem.

peppyauntie121
0 Kudos

CB2010 wrote:

geatdanemomDT wrote:

sahm8108 wrote:
Can you only watch what they have on at that time or can you watch what ever show/episode you want? How do you watch, i can only see a list of shows. This is for tv.com.

You can go through the list of what they have and choose what you want.

Well, not exactly--it only lets you see certain shows and on some show they may only have one or two available. I presume they change these out from time to time. Some of the older shows, it has more episodes. And some, (I clicked on an older episode of 20/20), just take you to the station's website--so you might check at the show's web site to see available episodes.

On TV.com, you click on "Shows" up top and it gives you a list below or you can try navigating the graphic menu (which I find nausiating).

I don't know if it works on Nook, haven't tried it, but what about Hulu.com? I've watched their shows on my PC and they're pretty good.

I tried a couple of shows on hulu.com and it wouldn't work on my NC. 

I can see how the flying graphics on tv.com can be nausiating! I clicked on a couple of them from my NC and nothing opened and no option came up.  So I went on my laptop to tv.com and when you click the tv show icons they give you options.  But not on the NC.  Not for me anyway.  Bah humbug...  Gonna try going to tv stations websites like you suggest.

BTW, there is a notice on tv.com that they are doing maintenance on Sunday, May 1st (tomorrow) starting 1 am est. for about 7 hrs, so if no one can get it to work then, that could be why.

Correspondent
crenita
0 Kudos

Make sure your Browser is set forDEsktop Version and NOT mobile version.. ..

there are Icons on the left side and  you hit one of those and in about 30 seconds it will start.

interesting that it make a huge difference on  different sites.. I usually have it on Desktop version  but when I go to the Amazon site  I have to switch it to Moble to make it work.

Contributor
Sol12
0 Kudos

Hi, do i have to create an account or login in order to watch content?
Correspondent
Joe05
0 Kudos

Thanks so much for all the info here..Hat's off to the op. I was starting to think I was going crazy. Changing the brower setting did the trick...

Frequent Contributor
cristiansmom
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I am having the choppy issues also.. I have it on my laptop right now and they are playing fine but when I go on nook color it's very very choppy and lagging.. I set to desktop but still does the same. What am I doing wrong?? I would soooo love to watch tv shows from my nook via tv.com.. please help..

Debi

Inspired Scribe
geatdanemomDT
0 Kudos

There is going to be a patch in the next few weeks to clear up the choppy. According to what I read today.

cristiansmom wrote:

I am having the choppy issues also.. I have it on my laptop right now and they are playing fine but when I go on nook color it's very very choppy and lagging.. I set to desktop but still does the same. What am I doing wrong?? I would soooo love to watch tv shows from my nook via tv.com.. please help..

Debi

http://quiltinharmony.blogspot.com/
1 Nook 3G/Wi/Fi
Nook Color stock
Nook Color / N2A

Frequent Contributor
cristiansmom
0 Kudos

if there is going to be a patch that would mean it's system wide (nook color) but how come some people can get them to play fine on their unrooted 1.2 nook colors and some others can't?? doesn't make sense...

Correspondent
crenita
0 Kudos

I think the reason some are not having taht issue is if you have a really fast internet service provider it might  mask the problem...

I don't have much of a problem .. just once and a while it will slow down a bit but then will pick right back up..   I watched  2 movies the other day and picked up  the current episdode of the The Big Bang...

Hope the patch comes out really soon for all of us so we can enjoy this function