Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Correspondent
crenita

watch some full length TV episodes. ..

If you want to watch some full lenght episodes of TV shows..

go to www.TV.com.... works well on the NC now.. 

This is an app that is on my phone but we can still get it to work on the nook going throught the browser

Enjoy

Inspired Scribe
geatdanemomDT

Re: watch some full length TV episodes. ..

crenita wrote:

If you want to watch some full lenght episodes of TV shows..

go to www.TV.com.... works well on the NC now.. 

This is an app that is on my phone but we can still get it to work on the nook going throught the browser

Enjoy

Thank you for posting this link, just what I was looking for! Watching on my NC now.

http://quiltinharmony.blogspot.com/
1 Nook 3G/Wi/Fi
Nook Color stock
Nook Color / N2A

Contributor
SenorBlues

Thanks for the info and the post! Now i can catch up on this week's Big Bang Theory.
Frequent Contributor
UrSunshine

Here's another website:

http://www.fastpasstv.eu/

Go to Channels --> TV

Inspired Scribe
geatdanemomDT
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

UrSunshine wrote:

Here's another website:

http://www.fastpasstv.eu/

Go to Channels --> TV

This one came up as not compatable and it would not load for me. Plus full of adds, some kinda racy.

1 Nook 3G/Wi/Fi
Nook Color stock
Nook Color / N2A

Frequent Contributor
snugelkin
0 Kudos

The 1st one works great 2nd one not compatable
~}i{~ I am just a Raggety Ann Doll in a Barbie Doll world! ~}i{~
Inspired Contributor
sahm8108
0 Kudos

Can you only watch what they have on at that time or can you watch what ever show/episode you want? How do you watch, i can only see a list of shows. This is for tv.com.
Inspired Scribe
geatdanemomDT
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

sahm8108 wrote:
Can you only watch what they have on at that time or can you watch what ever show/episode you want? How do you watch, i can only see a list of shows. This is for tv.com.

You can go through the list of what they have and choose what you want.

1 Nook 3G/Wi/Fi
Nook Color stock
Nook Color / N2A

Frequent Contributor
Arisia
0 Kudos

I was excited to learn about tv.com but when I tried it, the videos were choppy and the voices not synced.   I get the message that the video is not optimized for mobile.   What am I doing wrong?

Correspondent
crenita
0 Kudos

M ine works fine.. but perhaps your internect connection isn't fast enough..

I upgraded my wireless router a few weeks ago and it made a huge difference in all video on my PC, and ROKU as well as the Nook color..

Hope it works better for you

Frequent Contributor
Arisia
0 Kudos

No, it's not working.   I upgraded to an n router so I really don't think that's the problem.  The video works fine on my computer.   How do I optimize the video for mobile??

B&N Bookseller
RedRapier

you need to make sure the browser isnt set to default to mobile versions of sites.

In the browser at the top right, tap the symbol and choose "more options" this will give you the option to open settings

tap browser mode and make sure you are set to desktop not mobile

my life is a Soap Opera, and I want a new head writer!
Frequent Contributor
Arisia
0 Kudos

RedRapier,

Thank you for your very clear instructions which I followed.   I changed the Browser Mode to Desktop and tried the videos again.   It seemed to start out better but then started again almost freezing----more choppy movement.   Quite grainy as well.   

Reader
ChrissieB
0 Kudos

hi can u help?

i went to tv.com, but all i get is forums etc, how do i watch the shows on my NC?

thanks

Correspondent
susgod
0 Kudos

You can also purchase TV episodes on-line from Amazon starting at $1.99. When you buy a video you can watch a it online and download it to 2 locations or 2 portable devices

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/digital-video/16262841/ref=zg_bs_nav

Inspired Scribe
geatdanemomDT
0 Kudos

ChrissieB wrote:

hi can u help?

i went to tv.com, but all i get is forums etc, how do i watch the shows on my NC?

thanks

Click on shows or "more" next to full episodes.

1 Nook 3G/Wi/Fi
Nook Color stock
Nook Color / N2A

Contributor
gadgetgirl003
0 Kudos

I don't think you can watch video from Amazon on your Nook COlor. I think it has to be a PC or a tv that is enabled. Yuu have to download Amazons video player and it isn't compatible with Android at this time. HAve you actually watched videos from Amazon on your Nook Color? I would love to be able to do this. Please tell me more if youhave successfully watched videos rented or purchased and streamed from Amazon. Thanks.

Correspondent
crenita
0 Kudos

Well I guess you can watch Amazon videos... I am a Prime member and they give us a free streamng movies.. so I Switched the browser to MOBILE  view and selected a movie and

Dang..  it is PLAYING NOW....   need a ear buds as the sound is low but works pretty good .. doesn't seem choppy at all.. at least the movie I am watchin which is Ant Bully... have had it start and stop  2 times so far..  but just keeps up with the movie..

Thanks.... another site to play with !!!!!

Contributor
gadgetgirl003
0 Kudos

I happily stand corrected :smileyvery-happy: After reading your post, I tried it myself and low and behold, it works. Hooray. THanks

Correspondent
crenita
0 Kudos

GadgetGirl...Thank YOU..  I never would have even tried it if you hadn't mentioned it not working..

Now we both can have some video FUN... hehehehehehe

Thanks again...

ps have I said today how much I LOVE my little Color Nook ???  I have had her for over 5 months and still enjoy it each and every day.