Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
aprilAA
0 Kudos

where to find the public library on nook

Hi

I just purchesed a nook color and i don't know how to get to my home town library with the nook. I previously had a sony e-reader and it was very simple to do. After returning 3 faulty readers I went with the nook color.I still have adobe and e-reader on my computer as I have 5 books I purchesed from sony and want to finish reading them. I have tried everything and at this point not sure what to do . Any help will be greatly appreciated

Aprilaa

Reader 4
john42

Re: where to find the public library on nook

have you treied carrying the thing into the library and walking up to the desk as saying.... how do i use this furshlinger thing to read library books???

Frequent Contributor
MikeNC
0 Kudos

You cannot access your library's web site directly via the nook and download content.  To get library books, you'll need to use your computer to log in and download the loan material.  Then, with your Nook Color connected to your computer, use ADE (Adobe Digital Editions) to transfer the books (sideload) them onto your Nook.

I cannot remember who has posted the info before, but there are some step-by-step guides here - try a search and I'm sure you will find them.

Inspired Wordsmith
sandie52

Download ADE to your computer and install it. Then authorize your computer to activate the licensing.  Then go to the library site and download your book. When you are prompted to open or save the best way is to say open.  That will open ADE and the book will be active.

In ADE click the library icon in the top left to show all your books. Connect the NC and make sure it's awake. In ADE on the left you should see either a MEDIA folder or NOOK folder show up. Mine says MEDIA. Drag the book you want from the right side list to the media folder. 

When you are thru do a safely disconnect on the Nook device then unplug. The book you downloaded will show up in your library - under my files.  If you are on v 1.2 and you open the book it will then show up on the home screen.

You get rid of it off the nook about the same way.

Wordsmith
JinSC
0 Kudos

April

very detailed post by greatdaneMomDT on this thread....may be more than you are asking for, but certainly leaves no stone unturned:

http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/t5/NOOK-Color-General-Discussion/My-Nook-color-won-t-recognize-i...

good luck.....it is worth the effort!

Jeremy