New User
bessjetz
0 Kudos

words with friends

While I am satisfied with what the Nook updates have brought so far, I was wondering if anyone knows if Words With Friends or any of the other popular Android apps other than Angry Birds will be added onto the market?

Contributor
quilt_trail
0 Kudos

Re: words with friends

I have "Words with Friends Free" on my Android HTC Evo.  Love playing this game but right now I think the Android version is not stable.  I have games go missing or after two or three turns between me and the person I'm playing with it will tell me I won the game!  I'd love to have it on my NC but I'd rather wait until they can fix whatever bugs there are with the current app.  I read somewhere on this board that somewhere down the road there will be a "pay" version of WWF for the Android that might be more stable.

Inspired Correspondent
ladytonya
0 Kudos

I have friends who tried playing WWF on Android phones and it doesn't work.  Plus, it wouldn't be the same as it is playing on a phone because you don't have 3G.  At least for me, I might play a word game like the Scrabble iPhone app that lets you just play a game against the computer but I don't think the Nook would be an optimal environment for WWF.  My reasoning is because of the lack of 3G.  That being said, my phone just beeped, it's my turn in 3 games so I better go take them!  I'm at work and couldn't do that on my Nook because I can't attach to our WiFi with a foreign device.

Happy Nooking!

Frequent Contributor
bilbravo
0 Kudos

If you like Words with Friends but most of your friends have Android (or you play with random people) get WordFeud.  It is free and way better than Words with Friends.  (I mean, they are both just scrabble clones--the play is the same--but WordFeud actually works well).

The only functionality it lacks is that you can't play with people on iOS.

- Zach
Inspired Correspondent
ladytonya
0 Kudos

Yeah, WordFeud is a nice interface.  I have droidy friends who have tried to get me to play it but it's not available on iOS.  That's fine by me!  I'd rather stick with WWF because I have at least 10 games going at any single time and I personally like the interface better.  Not sure why it doesn't work on Androids, though. Very strange!

Inspired Contributor
trishamil
0 Kudos

I love wwf. I have it on my droid. Its pretty glitchy, but its so fun i guess it sort of evens things out. Im really hoping it comes to out nc.
Contributor
tmwwjd
0 Kudos

trishamil wrote:
I love wwf. I have it on my droid. Its pretty glitchy, but its so fun i guess it sort of evens things out. Im really hoping it comes to out nc.

I have wwf also, want to play.   I sent you a game.  I am tmwwjd.

Tracy
Distinguished Bibliophile
roustabout
0 Kudos

Wordsmith seems to work well.  I'll look at Wordfeud.

"no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized." Fourth Amendment to the US Constitution.
New User
marta76
0 Kudos

I play WWF on my LG Android.  It has a few issues, like it screws with the usernames sometimes, but the game works great on the go and I can continue on my home computer thru Facebook. 

Distinguished Correspondent
Spijder
0 Kudos

There is scrabble.

"They ... they have this horrible ... pudding here. Butterscotch pudding on Mondays, it's dreadful." ~Dr. Walter Bishop: Fringe