Inspired Wordsmith
julestrik
0 Kudos

1.3 issue

it's not a big deal but it has me confused.  since upgrade to 1.3 I'm getting a sync message "on this device you are currently at page 131. On another device, you are at page 128. where would you like to start reading?"  This would be nice if I had another device.  I only have one Nookcolor and I only read on this one device.  Why am I getting this message?

Inspired Wordsmith
sandie52
0 Kudos

Re: 1.3 issue

Don't really know - you don't have the Nook reading App on a computer do you? 
Try a complete shutdown and then re sych your library.

Distinguished Bibliophile
deemure
0 Kudos

I get the same message, but I do have the nook app on my phone and pc. My problem is when I tell it to go to the last page read on the NC, it goes to a bookmarked place, but not the last one. I look at my bookmarks, select the furthest one and it will not go to it. I have to manually scroll to that page.
"I still believe in spite of everything that people are good at heart." Anne Frank.
deemure
0 Kudos

Interesting, I just got this message for a book I just bought and haven't even downloaded to any other device or app. Opened it on my NC, read part of the book, put it down, came back to read again, and the message was there.
"I still believe in spite of everything that people are good at heart." Anne Frank.
Contributor
aColoradoMom
0 Kudos

I get the same message too.  No other devices or apps ever used.

Inspired Wordsmith
julestrik
0 Kudos

I shut nc down and restarted.  I have gotten the message again.  I have been trying to narrow down when message shows up but so far it is just random.  It's not a big deal and doesn't prevent me from reading but I was just curious if other people experienced this issue.  

Contributor
Lavender_Fawkes

I could be wrong, but I think the NC is recognizing the previous software version as a 'device'. i.e. on your NC version 1.2 you were on page 128 & on NC version 1.3 you're at the beginning. I had this same message today (just updated to 1.3).

"I have decided to stick with love. Hate is too great a burden to bear."
--Martin Luther King, Jr
Distinguished Scribe
normysmom
0 Kudos

Bery, bery interestink! I have not yet had this happen. I let the update arrive OTA in its own time...I find Lavender_Fawkes' theory intriguing, but have no answer for this weirdy!
Nothing like a fire, a cat and a good Nook!
deemure
0 Kudos

Lavender_Fawkes wrote:

I could be wrong, but I think the NC is recognizing the previous software version as a 'device'. i.e. on your NC version 1.2 you were on page 128 & on NC version 1.3 you're at the beginning. I had this same message today (just updated to 1.3).

Interesting theory, but in my case the opposite happened in at least 1 book. In at least one other newly downloaded book it said I was on page 1 on another device and it was the first time I opened it anywhere. On another, I was on a later page on another device, page 1 on the NC. It seemed somewhat random, but I could be wrong. After this issue showed up I started having problems archiving older books. But only on the NC. The only answer was to de-register and re-register. Have not gotten the page message again.
Correspondent
Toller
0 Kudos

I see the same thing 2-3 times a day. I do have NookPC however, I've always had this application and this is a recent (since installing 1.3) happenstance.

Contributor
Lavender_Fawkes
0 Kudos

Hmm in that case idk. I wasn't using 1.2 that long (haven't even had my nc a week yet) & thought my theory explained that message after my update to 1.3. However after getting that same message when I opened a book today that I've been reading for the past two days, my theory doesn't make sense anymore.
"I have decided to stick with love. Hate is too great a burden to bear."
--Martin Luther King, Jr