Contributor
Soleil_Brando

ADE No Permission To Copy SOLVED

I was adding a new book to my Nook Color using ADE but got that horrid error message. I've always been able to transfer books using ADE so I automatically thought the new 3.1 Nook update was the culprit. I downgraded to 1.1 and tried again but still got the error message. After hours of playing around with my files, I solved the problem.

Now this is where my mistake was: I downloaded the book to my desktop and immediately added it to ADE. Then I REMOVED it from desktop and added it to another folder (because I like to have my files organized). Then I tried to transfer the book to Nook using ADE and got the error message. So I realized that after I import books to ADE, I MUST KEEP THEM IN THE LOCATION WHERE IT WAS ORIGINALLY.

So I moved the book from my desktop to my desired destination and THEN added it to ADE. Next, I was able to sucessfully transfer it to NC. I hope this wasn't confusing and instead helpful to anyone having this problem.  

Wordsmith
JinSC
0 Kudos

Re: ADE No Permission To Copy SOLVED

Thanks for sharing this insight.  I have a special folder that i save my books to so that i can delete them later when they expire, but this is good to know.

Jeremy

Wordsmith
Serendip
0 Kudos

Books that must be washed through ADE I download directly to ADE, it makes it easier in the long run.

Everything then gets loaded to Calibre, eventually. I was great about doing it every time I downloaded a book, now it is more like weekly.

Contributor
Soleil_Brando
0 Kudos

Jeremy, you're very welcome. I, too, have a folder with all my e-books but when I downloaded this new book, I inadvertently saved it to my desktop. I was looking through the threads and noticed a lot of people were having this same problem but couldn't find an answer.  

Contributor
Soleil_Brando
0 Kudos

Serendip, how exactly do you download books directly into ADE? I haven't gotten the option... 

Wordsmith
Serendip

Soleil_Brando wrote:

Serendip, how exactly do you download books directly into ADE? I haven't gotten the option... 

When I click the "Download" button on my library's website (or anything else that needs to wash through ADE) rather than clicking on "Save" I have it "OPEN" with ADE... and that way it automatically saves it where it needs to be, opens the ADE app, and I see that it is there.

It makes life easier! :smileyhappy:

New User
99Cmac
0 Kudos

Serendip,

Thank you for your simple solution.  I've been online looking for this basic help for 2 hours.  Everything I've read from B&N or Adobe was so complicated I couldn't figure out if it even applied.

Your solution works perfectly and took me 1 minute.

:smileyhappy:

Wordsmith
2noelle
0 Kudos

I opened my library book directly to ADE, but it's still telling me that I don't have permission to copy to my NC. What am I doing wrong?

Bibliophile
bklvr896
0 Kudos

2noelle wrote:

I opened my library book directly to ADE, but it's still telling me that I don't have permission to copy to my NC. What am I doing wrong?

Have you authorized the Nook in ADE?

Wordsmith
2noelle
0 Kudos

Yes I authorized the Nook in ADE, I've used ADE before the upgrade and it worked fine.  When I borrowed from the library today and went to ADE, it asked me to authorize my NC and I did, not it still says that I can't copy to my NC because of "no permissions"

Inspired Scribe
geatdanemomDT
0 Kudos

2noelle wrote:

Yes I authorized the Nook in ADE, I've used ADE before the upgrade and it worked fine.  When I borrowed from the library today and went to ADE, it asked me to authorize my NC and I did, not it still says that I can't copy to my NC because of "no permissions"

Every so often when I used to use ADE I would get that msg. after sliding a book to the nook. Since I knew my nook was authorized I just hit OK and moved the book over again and it would go right in.

http://quiltinharmony.blogspot.com/
1 Nook 3G/Wi/Fi
Nook Color stock
Nook Color / N2A

New User
APJS
0 Kudos

Thank you very much for sharing this. I was trying to copy for the first time and was completely stuck. This works perfectly!