Reader
Read_Knit_Cook
0 Kudos

App Store not loading / Purchased App not loading

My NC won't load App Store and my purchased App (that says is "available on my Nook") did not load. The circular arrow (on top right corner) just keeps spinning.  No search works on the shop. I have restarted the NC, my internet is fine, but the only connection that seems to work is the home page of the shopping.

Is this a problem with my NC, or a global Nook problem?

Inspired Wordsmith
sandie52

Re: App Store not loading / Purchased App not loading

It's probably neither. Have you tried shutting down and restarting your Nook? Then sync your apps. You say the app store is not loading, and I am not sure what you mean by that. App's are purchased thru shop. Are you able to access and browse shop?

Reader
Read_Knit_Cook
0 Kudos

I purchased the App online on my laptop, because the App Store wouldn't (and will not) load on my Nook.  Yes I have shut down and restarted the NC. 

If I go to the Shop main page and choose to "See All" on the Apps on the menu, the NC freezes with the circular "loading" icon just spinning and spinning.

If I choose the "Apps" off of the quick menu, it does go to my Apps page, but my purchased App has not yet loaded (the red circular arrow on the top right is constantly spinning, as if it is attempting to download the App I purchased, but it is unsuccessful). 

I have since also purchased a book and that also would not load onto my NC.

Reader
Read_Knit_Cook
0 Kudos

OH!  I did not realize I wasn't doing a 'real' shut-down and restart.  I found on another post that to hold the power button for approx. 20 seconds for a full-shut-down and restart.  It seems to have resolved the problems.  The store is loading properly and my App and my book are both on the NC now.  Thanks for your help!