Contributor
Nan45
0 Kudos

B & N Tech Support-Software Update 1.1.0

After reading alot of the posts about the software update 1.1.0, and not being able to download the update to the Nookcolor , I'm really surprised that none of the B&N tech support have not chimed in about what the issue is with the faulty update.  what the hell is wrong with their tech

support.  Software updates should be simple, not this freakin complicated.

Fix it!!!! Or roll out the freakin over the air update already!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!DAMMM 

Contributor
redpandaSM
0 Kudos

Re: B & N Tech Support-Software Update 1.1.0

Agreed. Their tech support is absolutely horrible! I wouldn't complain about not getting the update, since it caused me to lose a book! And the notes and such in the book! This update ruined my impression of the book and makes me wish I had not bought it!

Inspired Wordsmith
my9cats
0 Kudos

While I had a cup of coffee at the B cafe, my NC updated automatically.

Nook Color Wallpapers
Correspondent
cinderxhella
0 Kudos

Well it is a free update so try to keep that in mind. It would be easy to charge for updates, then they would be all about pumping them out as fast as possible. It isn't a major update either, it just fixes some minor bugs and adds a couple of tiny things. However, I can understand your frustration so I suggest you bring your device into a B&N close to you. They can do your update using a computer in the store which is very quick and gets the job done!

Contributor
JoMixx
0 Kudos

It added a bug too.. The LendMe app doesn't work.  I was on the phone with tech support and they said it isn't functioning because of the software update.

Inspired Contributor
avalonpriestess
0 Kudos

I wonder when they'll fix this bug.  I thought it was me! I kept trying the LendMe app and couldn't get it to work...good to know it's not me just the software update..:smileyvery-happy:

New User
sadieroopup
0 Kudos

Since receiving the automatic update download for the latest software this afternoon on my Nook Color, I have not been able to connect to the WiFi.  I connect using a router from my home desktop computer.  Is anyone else having this problem?

I have tried turning the WiFi on the Nook on and off.  I have tried re-typing in my SSID and network password.  I have tried restarting the home computer to possibly "reset" the router. 

Nothing works.  Any suggestions?  It insists on telling me it is Disconnected from the network and will not respond when I put the correct password in and hit "Connect" on the Nook....

Frequent Contributor
jermandpep
0 Kudos

Rebooting your computer won't reset the router.  

If you want to reset your router, you will need to power down the router, wait a few seconds and then plug it back in.

Bibliophile
Jenniisme
0 Kudos

I have found that with the update my nook runs better. Of course I did get a new nookcolor because my other was was acting wonky. BUT I got it on 2/21, it never took the update, I manually did it on 2/22 and it now picks up wifi networks faster than ever.

I am not sure why everyone has such issues though.

Inspired Wordsmith
donc13
0 Kudos

Nan45 wrote:

After reading alot of the posts about the software update 1.1.0, and not being able to download the update to the Nookcolor , I'm really surprised that none of the B&N tech support have not chimed in about what the issue is with the faulty update.  what the hell is wrong with their tech

support.  Software updates should be simple, not this freakin complicated.

Fix it!!!! Or roll out the freakin over the air update already!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!DAMMM 

They are simple.  

Among other things...YOU don't download it to the NC.   The NC downloads it all by itself, of course, it has to have the wifi turned on to do that.

You can download the update to your PC, and then copy it onto the NC and it'll install itself, you just have to read the instructions and do exactly what they tell you to do, and nothing more.

---------
Don
New User
Yarngirl24
0 Kudos

OK, so I have carefully followed the instructions (several times...) and my Nook color doesn't seem to recognize the update file as something of interest.  I have transferred the file to the Nook from my PC via USB cable, and also tried putting it on the sd card.  So far it has not loaded the software update. 

Is there a way to tell the Nook to open the file? 

Distinguished Scribe
Ya_Ya
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Yarngirl24 wrote:

OK, so I have carefully followed the instructions (several times...) and my Nook color doesn't seem to recognize the update file as something of interest.  I have transferred the file to the Nook from my PC via USB cable, and also tried putting it on the sd card.  So far it has not loaded the software update. 

It needs to go in the root.  My guess is you've gotten a corrupted download from B&N - which others have reported.  There's a mirror site.  Let me see if I can find it.  I'll edit when I do.

Edited:  Mirror site and instructions in this post.

http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/t5/NOOKcolor-Technical-Support/Nook-color-1-1-update/m-p/856530#...