Inspired Correspondent
NC-Kindle
0 Kudos

Battery Charge

After charging your battery, what % charged do you Get? Have had my NC for about two months and get 96-98%.
Contributor
AmandaGranner
0 Kudos

Re: Battery Charge

I have always been able to get mine to charge to 100%. The charge slows down toward the end and the green indicator will come on in about the range you mentioned. I just leave it plugged in for awhile longer and check until it gets to 100.

I do not charge overnight, usually during a time that I don't intend to use it and can unplug it when it is complete. I bought my NC just after Christmas.

~ Amanda
Inspired Correspondent
NC-Kindle
0 Kudos

Thankyou, Amanda. I'll try leaving it plugged in while the inicator shows green and see if the charge will go to 100%.
Inspired Bibliophile
Desert_Brat

This is why using a different cable can damage the nook color.

The charging on the nook color goes into trickle charge mode when it gets near the end of the charging cycle so as to not overtax the battery.

Using a different cable that does not recognize that the unit is near the end of the charging cycle can cause the battery to overheat, and as we've seen with some of the laptop batteries, they can explode. Not saying the nook color battery will explode, just that it's possible and has happened with other products.

So when the green light comes on, it really means it's "near" full capacity.

A lifelong reader, now may my life be long enough to catch up on my reading!
Inspired Contributor
Atomant
0 Kudos

Yesterday for the first time, mine went to 100% charge and still had orange light. I finally got it to turn green by unplugging/plugging a few times. Waited about 10 mins between each time. The device said 100% the whole time.  

Inspired Contributor
Gottaluvit
0 Kudos

My NC will reach 100% but it takes the charger a bit to turn green on its own . I just leave it until it does .I have had it take close to a half hour to turn . Most of the time though my NC reaches 99% or drops to that very quickly if it reaches 100% .

Inspired Correspondent
pen_name19
0 Kudos

Desert_Brat wrote:

This is why using a different cable can damage the nook color.

The charging on the nook color goes into trickle charge mode when it gets near the end of the charging cycle so as to not overtax the battery.

Using a different cable that does not recognize that the unit is near the end of the charging cycle can cause the battery to overheat, and as we've seen with some of the laptop batteries, they can explode. Not saying the nook color battery will explode, just that it's possible and has happened with other products.

So when the green light comes on, it really means it's "near" full capacity.

When we use the NC's special cable, and the NC is already charged to over 80%, and leave it plugged into a computer, then, it seems like the NC reaches 100% faster than when using the charger. Haven't timed it yet, just a general impression....