Correspondent
Toller
0 Kudos

Battery change

Our color Nook is discharging rather frequently lately. Last night my wife charged it and took it off the charger this morning. She didn't use it all day but just now (5PM) tried to use it and it was completely discharged.

What is the process for having the battery replaced?

Eric Johnson

Distinguished Bibliophile
bobstro
0 Kudos

Re: Battery change

[ Edited ]

You can buy do-it-yourself kits for the NOOK Color for about $35. There's no option from B&N so far as I know.

Correspondent
Toller
0 Kudos

Do you mean to tell me that B&N won't replace the battery with a service charge?

I guess I'm not surprised.

Thanks.

bobstro

Anything they'd charge would likely be nearly the cost of a new HD, or at least a refurb. You could call and ask to be sure, of course. At least you've got an affordable option available if you want.

Inspired Scribe
orb9220
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Yep as bobstro pointed out the actual procedure takes 30-60 mins so thats at least an hour labor cost then the price of the battery itself.

So don't see them doing it less than $70-$80 kind of range.

But even cheaper batteries on ebay for around the $25 mark.

"All I Know is...Last Night the Tele-Tubbies came out of the wall and Held Me Down while they put Devices in my Head!"
http://www.flickr.com/photos/orb9220/
bobstro
0 Kudos

orb9220 wrote:

[...] But even cheaper batteries on ebay for around the $25 mark.

Be aware that the more expensive kit includes an instructional DVD and tools. Apparently, cracking the case can be difficult without the right tool. Be sure any cheaper kit includes everything you need!
Inspired Scribe
orb9220
0 Kudos

Good points! bobstro
"All I Know is...Last Night the Tele-Tubbies came out of the wall and Held Me Down while they put Devices in my Head!"
http://www.flickr.com/photos/orb9220/
Correspondent
Toller
0 Kudos

Thanks for the idea. Now the battery seems to be holding a charge but we'll keep the idea handy. Ericw