sockhermom
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Battery not charging?

Wordsmith
Melissa19
0 Kudos

Re: Battery not charging?

You probably need a new usb wire if your NC is not charging. It is covered under the base warranty for 1 year from purchase. You can call 1-800-the-book, or go into a BN store to have one ordered for you.
Melissa19
New User
busy_readerVG
0 Kudos

OR you could be using something other than the one charger that came with the nook color.  I just got off of a chat and B&N designed the charger differently so you can not use any standard micro usb charger to charge you color nook, like you could with the original nook.

Does anyone besides me find this extremely irritating?

Frequent Contributor
geertm
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

busy_readerVG wrote:

OR you could be using something other than the one charger that came with the nook color.  I just got off of a chat and B&N designed the charger differently so you can not use any standard micro usb charger to charge you color nook, like you could with the original nook.

Does anyone besides me find this extremely irritating?

You can charge your NC with any micro-USB charger or USB port. You will not get the charging message (that is only triggered by the power charger), but it will charge just fine.

It will take longer, some 6 to 8 hours to fully charge, and you cannot use the NC while charging (that uses too much power).

It is a sad thing that B&N customer service is still telling customers this kind of incorrect information.

Reader 4
vb2idaho
0 Kudos

Interesting..Spent 15 min on phone last night with support because my Nook C won't indicate it is actively charging. Their fix is to mail me a new cord. That's great, however I go on vacation this weekend and a dead Nook is useless. When I asked why this problem exists I was told "The connection is very sensitive." I really wanted to say, "Give me a break! I have owned 4 cell phones that all need charged and have NEVER had a problem. Maybe you should investigate that technology/workmanship." Then I made the discovery that your Nook will charge if you leave it on and plugged in. So this morning I had a full charge. Thank goodness!
Frequent Contributor
bookworm1215
0 Kudos

I had the same problem. your right it will still charge but you just don't no that it is I am waiting on my new cord as well.  I just wish the stores were allowed to take our old chargers that do not work and give a us new one. My local store would not do this for me even after I asked to speak with manager. :smileysad:

Wordsmith
Melissa19
0 Kudos

The NT cords, which can be used on the NC as well, have been redesigned. They look and feel just a little bit different, but seem sturdier. If you were promised a cord through your warranty, base or extended, you may be waiting a while because there are not any available to be ordered yet. I would call your store and ask them to check to see when they are available, and then have them call support again for you to let them know you have not received a replacement yet.
Melissa19