New User
mandy86022
0 Kudos

Book already purchased...

I purchased my nook color 3 days ago. On the first day, I downloaded two books, however the books never made it to the nook. When I got home I logged onto my B&N account and noticed that the credit card that they had as my default was a card that I had cancelled. I changed the default card and have been able to download many books...except the two that I downloaded the first day. It keeps telling me that I have already purchased these books, but it won't let me read them or delete them...customer service told me the problem would resolve within 24 hours...but so far it is still a problem. Any ideas?

Contributor
irishais

Re: Book already purchased...

[ Edited ]

It may take up to seven days to cycle through the purchase cycle, from what I've been told by CS. I know it's kind of obvious, but have you tried unregistering and reregistering? There's a good chance that'll unjam the problem you're running into. I just encountered this on a customer's NC the other day, and, while it seemed like it wouldn't work, her book downloaded immediately upon reregistering. You won't have to "remake" your account, just log in using your email and password.

Also, see if you can archive the book through your BN.com account, then refresh the library on your NC, then unarchive the book that way. (Your nook would shoot it to the Archived shelf; it's the easiest way to see if it'll download.)

New User
kaylar
0 Kudos

I bought a couple of books and when I try to read them it says cannot open this protected book.Can someone please help me?

New User
judyvedder
0 Kudos

Thanks for the advice on unregistering and reregistering the nook to make books you pruchase available.  For the record this is not obvious - and I still find it baffeling that it should be so difficult.

I purchased a book on the web and tried to download it to my nook - it kept saying it was downloading to Adobe Digital Editions - but it would not show up.

I spent at least 1.5 hours trying to get this to work - I finally gave up in complete disgust.

I thin found this posting and figured that I would give it a shot and the book is now magically on my nook in "my library" as it should have been all along.

I hope I do not need to unreg and re-reg every time!

Distinguished Wordsmith
Josienjoe
0 Kudos

judyvedder wrote:

Thanks for the advice on unregistering and reregistering the nook to make books you pruchase available.  For the record this is not obvious - and I still find it baffeling that it should be so difficult.

I purchased a book on the web and tried to download it to my nook - it kept saying it was downloading to Adobe Digital Editions - but it would not show up.

I spent at least 1.5 hours trying to get this to work - I finally gave up in complete disgust.

I thin found this posting and figured that I would give it a shot and the book is now magically on my nook in "my library" as it should have been all along.

I hope I do not need to unreg and re-reg every time!

What is the source of the book?  Not sure why you're trying to go through ADE to put it on your nook. 

Reader
Ngozi528
0 Kudos

Thanks so much for the tip about putting the book into my archive and then moving it back to my library.Sooo glad I didn't have to deregister my nookcolor. :smileyhappy:

Contributor
HTimothy
0 Kudos

You might need to de-register your device and re-register. I had similar problem. You can de-register through "Settings." It's like starting over, but then all books should come back just fine, including the 2 first ones.