Frequent Contributor
ewelsch
0 Kudos

Bookmarking

When a page is bookmarked on the CNook, the words used to describe the bookmark are from the top of the page.  If the info I want bookmarked is in the middle of the page, the words used to describe the bookmark are of no help.  For example: I have a travel book on Paris.  I want to bookmark the page that has info on bus tours, however, the bookmark words are about biking, so they are useless for helping me to find the section I want on bus tours.  Thanks!

Inspired Contributor
slic2007
0 Kudos

Re: Bookmarking

Use the highlight function.  When you highlight a passage, (I believe) the entire highlighted passage will show up in the "Highlights & Notes" tab.  You can then click on that passage and it will take you right to it.

Frequent Contributor
ewelsch
0 Kudos

Thank you!  The highlighting did work for notes but did not change the bookmark wording.  At least now I that is where to look for specific info I want to remember.  I hope that future versions will allow a specific wording for bookmarking. 

Inspired Correspondent
pen_name19
0 Kudos

• When we add bookmarks, and then look at them under "Contents", the bookmarks seem to be listed in the order they were added, and not by page number.  (Tho highlights are listed by page number, not the order they were added.)
  • Is there a way to list bookmarks by page number rather than creation order?

-- Thanks

-- bye

New User
Oftrees
0 Kudos

Re: Bookmarking -- edit/delete them

Is there no way to either edit, or remove existing bookmarks?  If using the Advanced setting Reset to default (clear all browser data adn reset all settings to default), this does not appear to affect bookmarks at all.

Inspired Correspondent
pen_name19
0 Kudos

Oftrees wrote:

Is there no way to either edit, or remove existing bookmarks?  If using the Advanced setting Reset to default (clear all browser data adn reset all settings to default), this does not appear to affect bookmarks at all.

In "content", the "bookmarks" tab, the "clear all" button.  Otherwise, i go to each bookmarked page, and toggle the bookmark.

-- bye

New User
LeroyTheDog
0 Kudos

Can't find a clear all button.....