Frequent Contributor
dkennedy66
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Books opening in wrong app

Recently, when I open a book or document, I would get a pop up screen asking what app I wanted to open it in. Tonight I checked the "always do this" box and accidentally chose "upload to Box." Now Box launches whenever I try to open a book. Of course like every good end user, I ignored the instructions about how to change this and apparently it's not intuitive because I can't find it. Can anybody help?
Inspired Scribe
kamas716
0 Kudos

Re: Books opening in wrong app

I didn't realize Box would open epub files.

one the product information page there is a contact phone number and email address for the developer.

http://www.goodreads.com/kamas716
Frequent Contributor
geertm

Press on one of the files for a few seconds, you should get a menu. One of the options is to clear the default program that is used to open this type of files.

Frequent Contributor
dkennedy66
0 Kudos

Thanks geertm, but that option doesnt appear in my menu. :smileysad:
Frequent Contributor
dkennedy66
0 Kudos

Thanks Kamas, but the books dont open in Box. Only upload. When i try to open them in Box, nothing happens. I believe this is a Nook OS problem though.
Frequent Contributor
dkennedy66

EUREKA! I solved my own problem. Deleted Box, opened book, reinstalled Box.
Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

That's a smart solution.

Distinguished Wordsmith
Froide
0 Kudos

Glad you solved that problem. FYI, archiving (as an alternative to deleting) works, too. RELEVANCE: It's six of one, half-dozen of the other to delete or archive a free app, like Box, to remove it as the default. But when the app in question is a paid one, the archiving approach lets you remove it as the default w/o having to repurchase it.
Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. ~Groucho Marx