New User
Gekkogirl
0 Kudos

Books won't download

I bought two books for my nook instore. when I try to download them onto my device, it says it is downloading then about 20 minutes later, it defaults back to original. I get a picture of the book with a green box that says download. Any suggestions on how to fix this 

New User
tdufy
0 Kudos

Re: Books won't download

I'm getting the same thing since yesterday. Only thing I've seen on these boards is "server issues" but nothing from BN about when or what is being fixed. Pain in the butt...

Distinguished Bibliophile
Mercury_Glitch
0 Kudos

A workaround, for books anyway, is to use the Nook for PC or Nook for Mac app and download your books that way, yes it works through that app.  You can then load them on to your Nook.

The Wheel weaves as the Wheel wills, and we are only the thread of the Pattern.
Wordsmith
Melissa19
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Gekkogirl wrote:

I bought two books for my nook instore. when I try to download them onto my device, it says it is downloading then about 20 minutes later, it defaults back to original. I get a picture of the book with a green box that says download. Any suggestions on how to fix this 

This is a known issue affecting all devices except the HDs. As of yesterday, the NOOK internal store support said it would be fixed within 24-48 hours. As suggested by another poster, you can sideload your books or use NOOK for Web until this gets fixed.

Hopefully everything will be running smoothly soon.

Melissa19
New User
rb91
0 Kudos

Per an earlier post, I tried downloading Nook for Mac and running that... no luck. Just puts of a "Nook" splashscreen and does nothing else.
I'm a long time kindle user and never had these kinds of issues with Amazon. So far I'm not impressed.
Wordsmith
Melissa19
0 Kudos

rb91 wrote:
Per an earlier post, I tried downloading Nook for Mac and running that... no luck. Just puts of a "Nook" splashscreen and does nothing else.
I'm a long time kindle user and never had these kinds of issues with Amazon. So far I'm not impressed.

I was able to download and read a book with NOOK for Web, which allows you to read books in your browser.

More information:

Melissa19
Reader 4
ladyjmayo
0 Kudos

I bought 3 books yesterday and still cannot get them downloaded. I've tried everything...rebooting...even deregister/erase and then reregistered.  That turned out to be a BIG mistake, because now I can't get ANY of my 200 or so books to download.  I have a lovely Nook Color paperweight. Did anyone else hear anything about "server issues"?

Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

LadyJMayo,

Yes, on the questions forum someone said they talked with B&N support and were told there are massive server upgrades going on at B&N and that has caused outages. They are working on it.

New User
Judybat
0 Kudos

Thanks for all of the replies.  I was thinking this might be the case as I have never had any problems, but I couldn't find any information anywhere!  I guess I just need to be patient!  :smileyhappy:

Distinguished Bibliophile
MacMcK1957

Seems to be fixed

Download seems to be working now.
Contributor
star0925
0 Kudos

To: Gekkogirl & ladyjmayo
- Is your issue with downloading books resolved. I have the same issues and I still can't download books purchased from B&N.
Contributor
star0925
0 Kudos

To this day, my Nook Color will not download new purchases or archived books. I can't use the "read in store" feature either. I can only read .pdf files I load manually and any books that are already loaded.

Looks like B&N is not supporting the Nook Color.

Inspired Scribe
kamas716
0 Kudos

The NC did reach EOL over a year ago, but your NC should still work. What have you tried to get downloads working again? Soft reset? Erase and Deregister? Does it read sideloaded epubs? Even if it isn't downloading new books, it should still be able to read sideloaded epubs along with the pdfs.
http://www.goodreads.com/kamas716
Frequent Contributor
geertm
0 Kudos

star0925 wrote:

To this day, my Nook Color will not download new purchases or archived books. I can't use the "read in store" feature either. I can only read .pdf files I load manually and any books that are already loaded.

Looks like B&N is not supporting the Nook Color.

Can you download a book from your library on the B&N website?

Make sure the credit card in your B&N account is valid. B&N DRM needs a valid credit card.