New User
ncscott
0 Kudos

Can't access nook from computers

In the past I have added files to my nook by connecting it to my computer.  It shows up as any other thumb drive would.  Recently this is not working.  Now the computer doesn't recognize the nook anymore and it shows as if two things have been connected - neither of which will open.  I get the message to "insert a disk into the drive"? I have tried other computers and the same thing is happening.

Any ideas?

Frequent Contributor
NookwormNY
0 Kudos

Re: Can't access nook from computers

Right-click on "Computer" on your desktop. Click on "Manage"->"Disk Management". If the Nook shows up as a drive. Try re-mapping it to a different drive: Right-click on the Nook drive and click "Change drive letters and paths". Pick a letter other than one of you listed drives (say - X, Y or Z). Your Nook shouldm then show up on "My Computer"

New User
HRiv
0 Kudos

When I try to access my books, Nook asks me for my name and card # for verification. But when I provide the information, it rejects it. Can anyone help?

Distinguished Bibliophile
bobstro
0 Kudos

Be sure that the name you enter exactly matches the one on file with your B&N account. Also, if you've updated credit card info on your B&N account, you should re-download your ebooks to make sure the CC# "key" matches on all of them. 

Are your trying to read them using NOOK for PC, or some other app? 

Also, the thread you posted to has been dead for over 2 years. This is "thread necromancy"  and in generally frowned on. You also might not get many responses. Better to start a NEW topic that matches your problem. 

Good luck with it.