Frequent Contributor
Wayfarer58
0 Kudos

Can't download or update

[ Edited ]

Suddenly (as in I could Friday and I can't today) I can not download recent purchases (books or apps) nor can I check for updates (I'm assuming the two issues are related) on my non-rooted NC. When opening the apps (or library) and clicking the refresh button in the lower left, it spins about a half turn and stops with no downloads. Clicking on the 'check for updates' and the refresh circle just spins and spins. I can surf the web and do anything else, including Pandora and Netflix, so the web connection isn't the problem.

Here's what I've done:

1. Gone to the local B&N and tried on their network, no help.

2. Completely shut down the NC and rebooted, no help.

3. Completely shut down the NC, removed the SD, and rebooted, no help

4. Cleared cache, cookies, history in the browser, no help.

5. Tried on my home network, no help.

6. Tried on the network at work, no help.

Is anybody else seeing this? Is there a solution? I have not tried B&N helpdesk or instore help as yet.

Thanks!

Dave

“I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book.” - Groucho Marx
Frequent Contributor
geertm
0 Kudos

Re: Can't download or update

Could be a credit card problem. You need a valid credit card in your account for downloading.

Try if you can still buy an e-book.

Frequent Contributor
Wayfarer58
0 Kudos

Thanks. Just bought an app this morning, which is how I discovered this issue. The app was successfully purchased and I can see it in 'My Nook' online.

Dave

“I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book.” - Groucho Marx
Frequent Contributor
roxmysoxGA
0 Kudos

It could be an issue with the B&N servers.  If you're still having trouble tomorrow, I'd try contacting customer support again.