New User
Otis533
0 Kudos

Can't edit "my shelves" once SD is loaded.

The edit shelf feature works just fine when my microSD isn't loaded, but as soon as it is, when I go to edit my shelves, the screen goes to black instead of the usual list of books that with checkmark options.

Anyone else having this issue?

Thanks.

Reader 2
blvnmgck
0 Kudos

Re: Can't edit "my shelves" once SD is loaded.

I am having the same problem. Did you ever find a solution?

New User
feltonio
0 Kudos

I am having the same issue when I inserted an 8 GB micro SD card.  My shelves would show up, but as soon as I touched "edit" on the screen, it goes black.  I take the card out and it works fine.  I am wondering if the amount of data on the card is the problem.  I did have about 3,000 files on the card.  I may have to experiment with another card with only a few files on it to see if it also has issues.

Let me know if you, or anyone else out there has solved this problem.

Thanks!

Inspired Contributor
withfeeling

People have reported problems with having more than about 2,600 books on their NCs.

Distinguished Bibliophile
deemure
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

withfeeling wrote:

People have reported problems with having more than about 2,600 books on their NCs.

It also seems to be a problem on original nooks past 500 books.  On both, I thought it would show that there were 0 books on the device and wouldn't open any.

But, I thought also that this also affected books in the library area and not just on shelves.

Some people had problems with some shelves without the card inserted and ended up de-registering and re-registering.

"I still believe in spite of everything that people are good at heart." Anne Frank.
Inspired Contributor
withfeeling

If someone who is having this problem has tried an SD card with just a few books, we'd love to know the result.

If this is a general symptom that appears with thousands of books, it would be good to be able to let future folks know about it.

Distinguished Correspondent
mister-j
0 Kudos

I have an 8G SD card that is almost full and didn't have any problem when I hit edit. I don't have any books on the card, only movies, if that makes a difference.