Reader
mjtbb
0 Kudos

Can't see my web screen? all I can see is a white screen.

I just bought a NC and it was working fine. I was reading some fanfiction from the web on it. Suddenly yesterday I put the nook face down for a few minutes and when I came back to it I had a white screen in front of the web screen. I could see the website is behind it. I tried turning it off and coming back later but it is still there. It's like a pop-up that got stuck in there but there is nothing to close or ad to visit. By today, the screen fills the whole thing so I can't even tell what website is on except for the address on top. Any idea how to get out of that or reset it? Thank you,

Mel

Correspondent
susgod
0 Kudos

Re: Can't see my web screen? all I can see is a white screen.

That happened to me when I tried to download a pdf file on the browser. After I turned NC completely off and restarted it, I turned on the wifi and went to shop. Then I went back to the browser & it was clear.

Inspired Wordsmith
sandie52
0 Kudos

To close extra windows (or in your case what is probably a popup window) tap the settings icon in the top right and go to windows. Close any or all windows.

Also a full nook shutdown closes all open windows.

New User
JDay02
0 Kudos

I am having this same issue, but the above steps did not help.  When I try to go to window settings, the same white screen seems to be covering that as well.  Any other suggestions?

New User
zero_3
0 Kudos

Re: Can't see my web screen? All I can see is a white screen.

Here's what you need to do. Go back to Web, then on the upper right hand corner you will see a star and a bunch of lines. Tap on the lines and it will open up a window. Select more options then settings. Now under settings scroll down until you see privacy settings. Clear the following settings: cache, history, cookie data, form data, location access. After doing this do a soft reset ( press and hold the power button until the nook turns off. Ignore the power off message and screen will turn into black). Then turn the nook back on and check the web browser it should be fixed by now.

New User
GuevaraDP
0 Kudos

Re: Can't see my web screen? All I can see is a white screen.

Thank you very much for the information.  I followed all the steps and the browser is working again without the obnoxious blank screen on the front.

Thanks again.