Reader 4
meucci67
0 Kudos

Cannot access Facebook via my Nook Color

The Nook works fine on all the websites I frequent, but just stalls when trying to login into Facebook.  It was working for about 10 minutes after I reset the Nook, but then goes back to nothing.  I would appreciate any kind of help on this matter.

Thanks!

Michael

Reader 2
Dia-Shel
0 Kudos

Re: Cannot access Facebook via my Nook Color

I am also having the same problem. All other websites work fine. Problem with Words with Friends and Scrabble link to Facebook also. And posting reviews and reading status to Facebook. I tried inlinking and relinking FB account through BN.com, setting all internet settings to default on both the standard and Dolphin browers on my nook color. I went into Facebook to remove any settings that may cause a connection issue. Nothing I have tried works.

The error message I get can vary but usually mentions a connection issue. I have had my nook color for 1 1/2 years with no problem accessing FB until the last couple of weeks.

Any ideas on how to fix whatever is wrong?

-Dianne

Reader 2
alorelei
0 Kudos

I'm having this exact problem as well.  Anyone have a fix?

nfn
New User
nfn
0 Kudos

My facebook also stopped working on the Nook Color about 3 weeks ago--but only on my home network.  I can read facebook on every other network I've tried, and sometimes afterward I can connect at home, but only briefly.  I cannot figure this out.

I installed Dolphin after reading this post, and have found it able to connect through facebook mobile's "alternate login," which sends the login and password as plain text on an unsecure (http not https) session, but it is EXTREMELY SLOW (2-3 minutes to load a page), and all my other browsing has slowed noticeably as well (I think the two browsers are fighting).

I also tried updating the firmware on my router, but the only effect has been that the NC is now much slower to reconnect after it sleeps.

Thanks,

Nancy

Reader 2
Dia-Shel
0 Kudos

I have not tried another network or the facebook mobile alternate log in. Will try and post results.

Dianne

New User
jaredkfan
0 Kudos

Been having the same problem for a couple of days.  My Nook suddenly cannot connect to Facebook. All other websites function just fine.  It just seems to hang when trying to connect to Facebook, both the regular and the mobile website.  My wired connection connects to facebook just fine, it is only the wifi that is having this problem.

Looks like several other people are having this problem.  Any solutions yet?

Jared

Reader 2
Dia-Shel
0 Kudos

I tried going to touch.facebook.com and was able to login and access FB, however it was very slow. Still wasn't able to have the NC connect to Facebook though. Then I decided to see if anything on my router needed updating and the firmware had an update. After doing this I can access FB from my Nook Color again!!! Also, I can again connect FB to my NC through the settings, social tab. Hope this helps others that are having the same problem I've had for too long.

Dianne

Reader 2
Dia-Shel
0 Kudos

Another thing...The secutiy type for my router before the update was set at WPA-Personal and after the setting is WPA2-Personal as recommened during the update process. Perhaps that was the issue? But strange how I've had my nook color 1 1/2 years on only in the last couple of months had issues with Facebook.

Dianne

Contributor
luckygirlhl
0 Kudos

Try m.facebook,the mobile format,works well on my nook. Good luck.
Inspired Contributor
Sandy_Howell
0 Kudos

Exact same issue. Glad to know its not just me.

New User
jon425
0 Kudos

ok guys found out a fix go to your internet settings and change to desktop veiw its on mobile view worked for me works great!!!