Contributor
HadMyPhil
0 Kudos

Caution Buying Through Wishlist - Price May Not Match!!!

I purchased "A Briefer History of Time" last night through my Nookcolor wishlist.  I had added it a couple of months back, and at the time, the price read $9 (I think maybe $9.02).  I clicked on the button in my Wishlist that had that amount on it, then clicked confirm.  Anyway, I got my recipiet by email this morning and found B&N had charged me $14.99.  I looked on their website and that is the price they have on the book.  It appears that books added to the wishlist may not have price updates as they are changed by B&N.

Wordsmith
ImmortalBeloved
0 Kudos

Re: Caution Buying Through Wishlist - Price May Not Match!!!

Thanks for the heads up. They should fix that somehow.

Distinguished Correspondent
Spijder
0 Kudos

I'm wondering if you had clicked on the price to confirm purchase or had clicked on the book picture to bring up details first... and if bringing up the details first would update to current price or if there is any (super secret?) way to update the information saved in a wishlist.   

"They ... they have this horrible ... pudding here. Butterscotch pudding on Mondays, it's dreadful." ~Dr. Walter Bishop: Fringe
Correspondent
KapSukdulan
0 Kudos

it's called "wishlist tax"... it varies per state

NOOK for China iPad rip-off
Inspired Wordsmith
Ed_Mart
0 Kudos

Unfortunately there is no connection or update capability between the wishlist on the NC and wishlist on the website or the pricing of the book on the website.  Viewing details will only display those details initially downloaded when the book was added to the NC wishlist.  If a book has been on your wishlist for a time it is best to recheck the price by doing a search before buying.

New User
MauLyn49
0 Kudos

Wish I had found this thread before...I purchased 3 books from my wishlist the other night and ended up with the same surprise! I put the books on my whishlist a month or two ago and never thought to check the prices. I assumed they were automatically updated. I ended up paying double what I thought I was going to be paying. I would not have bought these books at these prices!!! Ebook prices are out of control!!!

Reader 4
nook_critic
0 Kudos

My thoughts exactly (as per Ed_Mart's explanation). You have to understand that it is just a "wishlist". Putting your books in there doesn't mean that you have "reserved" or purchased it already.

New User
nookreadr1
0 Kudos

Of course it's just a "wish list" but the prices on your nook should match the real prices online! I had the origianl nook and the prices updated on my wishlist when they changed at bn.com. Sometimes the prices go down online and you don't know it from your wishlist. That's the point of a wishlist - to purchase them when you are ready, and sometimes that means when the price drops.

Distinguished Scribe
Omnigeek
0 Kudos

nookreadr1 wrote:

Of course it's just a "wish list" but the prices on your nook should match the real prices online! I had the origianl nook and the prices updated on my wishlist when they changed at bn.com. Sometimes the prices go down online and you don't know it from your wishlist. That's the point of a wishlist - to purchase them when you are ready, and sometimes that means when the price drops.

Actually, what I'd like them to implement would be the price when I put it on my wishlist and the current price next to it.  I kind of like the fact that they store the price of the book when I put it on my wishlist -- kind of a memory jogger of what price it was when I was first interested in it.

Currently reading: Destiny of the Republic, The Heritage of Shannara, Lonely Planet: Melbourne & Victoria
Distinguished Wordsmith
MaluhiaKana
0 Kudos

MauLyn49 wrote:

Ebook prices are out of control!!!

You know the best way to lower the price of eBooks, right?

Don't buy eBooks. The publishers will charge whatever the market will bear, like any other product. If sales drop, the prices will be lowered. Econ 101.