Distinguished Bibliophile
deemure
0 Kudos

Re: Computer doesn't recognize that NookColor is connected to computer

stricknook wrote:

go to a B&n store, shhhh dont let it get out but, the stores only return units- not cords or chargers, its somthing to do with the company return rules. just let them go through the motions with calling .com i got a nee cable in ten min. flat.

and as i understand it the nook cord is not a normal cord, i cant say for sure, i saw somwere its own simple driver and two extra connection points on it so its a charger and data transfer cable rather than one or the other, ive never tried "aftermarket" but theres people that have out there. id like to know what bluetooth accesories are working now.cameras,keyboards,and mice? anyone tried the external high gb drives with the matching micro plugs yet?

Just what are you smoking?  This is about the fifth recent post you have made that contains things that make no sense whatsoever.

"I still believe in spite of everything that people are good at heart." Anne Frank.
Correspondent
KapSukdulan
0 Kudos

it's a defective device... not USB cable... who ever told you that is a liar...

NOOK for China iPad rip-off
Distinguished Bibliophile
deemure
0 Kudos

KapSukdulan wrote:

it's a defective device... not USB cable... who ever told you that is a liar...

You are apparently smoking it as well.

"I still believe in spite of everything that people are good at heart." Anne Frank.
Contributor
kdmgr
0 Kudos

The new cable came, and it still didn't work. More trouble shooting on the phone. They are sending me a new one and it will arrive on Tuesday. Hope this isn't telling about the product, but I was pretty pleased with customer support, even though it was in India. Both phone calls together totalled less than 30 minutes.

Inspired Correspondent
MusicmanGG
0 Kudos

I have the same problem on one of my XP Computers.... It cannot find the drivers...

If its the same problem I have, then it has nothing to do with the nookcolor - it has something to do with your computer configuration.

I can connect it to my netbook running XP without a problem.

Try another computer....

Contributor
kdmgr
0 Kudos

The new one works fine. The other  has been returned.

New User
buncatNJ
0 Kudos

i bought a first edition nook. worked perfect for a year and then it clunked out on me. i called them and they sent me a refurbished one. a week later, the replacement would not turn pages. returned it and received another refurbished nook. now when i plug it into the computer, it wont recognize the device. i've tried everything - different cords, different usb ports, different computers, restarting, hard resets, soft resets, reset to factory settings, uninstall driver, install driver blah blah blah. their customer service could not figure it out and from reading all these message boards - it seems that they dont know how to fix the devices.. just replace them with a refurbished one and hope it doesnt konk out.

after all that and two conversations with barnes and nobles they have decided that since i am past warranty and it is a first edition nook - all they can do is offer me the nook simple touch for $50 or the nook color for $80.

i am not spending more money on a device that was defective from the beginning. going to the kindle...

Frequent Contributor
PepSnickerMint
0 Kudos

As of an hour ago, I am having the same issue .. My light comes on but my computer and Calibre do not recognize a device is plugged in. I tried all the ports on my laptop, many restarts on both the nook color and my computer, checked out the device manager .. i'm not seeing anything. Is there some sort of driver I can install? My cord is fairly new, my last cord broke, I have had my nook color since 2 valentines days ago and never had this issue before. Do i have to get yet another cord?? surely there is a fix, i just haven't been able to find it.
New User
LLebron01
0 Kudos

i had the same problems with epub books i bought elsewhere. I would try to open them and the nook color wouldn't allow me to.  however if you download them to your computer, place them in adobe digital editions, then plug up your nook color, the digital editions will read your nook color and you can click and drag the books you purchased, and drag TO THE NOOK COLOR.  THAT'S WHAT I DID AND GOT TO READ MINE.  Sorry for the large print.

Lourdes

LLebron01@yahoo.com if you need to talk or become my nook friend.

New User
JMD518
0 Kudos

I'm having same problem.  Was reading a library ePub book last night, but when I tried to continue later I would get Error Dialog "User not activated".  I thought maybe needed to transfer it from laptop to NC again...for some reason, but when I attempted this on 2 different laptops and several USB ports, it is not showing the NC at all!  So, based on this conversation...got to BN and have them check USB cord?

Thanks.

New User
wendalynn

I was having this problem. I plugged mine into a different USB port on my computer and it worked perfectly. Hopefully your problem is as simple, I messed with mine FOREVER before I figured this out.
New User
beeguy

Tried reinstalling ADE, rebooting, turning off, etc. Saw in a previous post that disconnecting and reconnecting the battery solved the problem. Worked for me.